1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bluevortex, Feb 19, 2005.

1. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Sorry to go over previous posts again but i couldn't really find an answer to this that satisified me. Panasonics response was not helpful either.
    I have PW7 which is buzzing. Significantly worse on DVD's. I have it conneted through component.
    Any suggestions why, or how to reduce this? without replacing screen!!
    Can anybody comment if its less noticable mounted on wall?

thanks

bluevortex

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    all i can say is that mine doesn't buzz at all so I would assume this is a faulty screen you have and perhaps it should be replaced by your supplier.

3. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I had a PWD7 which has since been returned for various reasons - see my other posts.

I have to say - the panasonics do emit a discernable buz which unfortunately varies according to the brightness of the screen. I was always aware of the noise and I guess you'll have to get used to it.

There are panels that are quieter - I have one now - a borrowed Samsung PPM42S3 - it is very quiet - BUT it has bad PQ

What annoys me is that, if Samsung can make a quiet plasma panel - why can't Panasonic!

As I said I returned ny PWD7 for more serious reasons - if it was just the buz, then maybe I'd have lived with it.

It's not until you have the luxury of being able to try out panels in your own living room that you begin to notice the subtle differences and I've had the following:

Borrowed Samsung PPM42S3Q - Good PQ and quiet
    Borrowed Samsung PPM42S3 - Bad PQ and quiet
    Borrowed Panasonic PWD6 - Good PQ and discernable buzzing
    Purchased and returned Panasonic PWD7 - Bad PQ and discernable buzzing

I'm sitting tight now waiting to see the new Samsung, Fujitsu and maybe 8G Panasonic panels, before I make another purchasing plunge !

Gussie :)

4. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    perhaps its something i'll learn to live with. . .
    I honestly couldn't be bothered right now going through the hassle of replacing it. I'll continue to view and see how bad the buzz levels really are.
    Maybe im being to fussy

bluevortex