1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bypassing Copyright Notices?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by jpo, Jan 16, 2005.

1. jpo

jpo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There

Has anyone found a method of bypassing copright notices? I understand and appreciate why they are there, but frankly they haven't stopped certain parties from copying DVD's and the messages just serve to irritate the rest of us. In addition, I have a 20 month old son who for some reason finds these screens tedious, as a result he gets bored and disappears before the movie proper starts..

OK.. I'm probably ranting!

Peter

2. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as far as I know only some will allow you to 'fast forward'. The majority you are stuck with unfortunately :thumbsdow

3. BestGear

BestGear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I think it is dvd player dependant, as my Kiss will be happy to fast forward through them and the Pio will not....

4. jpo

jpo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hadn't thought to try FF - I have a Pioneer... FF no good, but chapter forward does work.. Well on Star Wars it does.. Thanks for the tip.

5. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,674
    Another technique, which works on some discs, is, instead of pressing "play" or "tray" when you first insert the disc, press <<a number key>>.

<<a number key>> is whichever "title" number the main feature is. It's most often 1 - but not always.

6. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +331
    This drives me mad! so much so that i now copy the movies i watch a lot. i only copy the movie which means when you insert the disc the movie starts straight away!

its not really a cheap solution but if you got a free dvd copier with your pc then its fine.

mark

7. Fatman

Fatman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Pannie treats such notices as a separate chapter so pressing Next (i.e. jump chapter) effectively skips it. You could also remaster the DVD without the content you don't want (assuming that it's your own content, naturally).

8. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,234
    The DVD Video specification allows the content to disable certain functions like FFWD or Chapter Skip. So it's disc and player dependent if a message is skipable. Back in the day this used to be advertised as 'FBI Skip' when mod chips were more common.

9. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    My Toshiba DVD player religiously plays every warning and won't let you skip anything,but the X-card's front end in my HCPC will allow you to skip to any point,so as you say,dependent entirely on the player,but SOOOO irritating when you can't get past in when the kids are getting wound up.

10. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it depends on the DVD, I find some DVDs I can fast-forward through those bits, sometimes I can just hit the menu button, sometimes the skip button works. I just generally try those three things, sometimes they work sometimes they don't. At the end of the day it's only a couple of minutes' wait annoying as it maybe.