Bye Splash!

CLH

Belly up then.

Site now closed down, company going into liquidation as at noon today.

puddleduck

Time to contact your credit card providers folks to get your money back - I just contacted Egg - £42 ish owed over 9 transactions.

Debit card users will probably lose their money though :(

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Originally posted by CLH
Belly up then.

Site now closed down, company going into liquidation as at noon today.
Liquidation eh? Boom, boom!

I was hoping they would drown sooner or later :suicide:

buns

Banned
its a shame that this has to happen, i think it better that we dont make a scene of it...... basically it isnt worth it

ad

Spoonman2

I feel for the people who may have used Switch, Solo, or any other type of debit card :(

After all of the things I`d heard about this company, I stayed well away.

Spoony.

Adrenochrome

Well i am probably in the minority here but as i never had a single problem with them i'm gutted:(

Adrenochrome.

Geezer

Novice Member
Originally posted by adrenochrome
Well i am probably in the minority here but as i never had a single problem with them i'm gutted:(

Adrenochrome.
Me too mate, i never had a problem with them, yes they were slow but there were some real bargins to be picked up sometimes

Adrenochrome

Originally posted by Geezer
Me too mate, i never had a problem with them, yes they were slow but there were some real bargins to be picked up sometimes
I didn't even find them to be slow. Delivery was always 3-5 days for me.

Adrenochrome.

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by buns
i think it better that we dont make a scene of it...... basically it isnt worth it
Presumably you didn't lose any money in this business failure unlike quite a few others.

silentriver1

Standard Member
i paid with switch - 2nd of this month - £32.99 im p'doff.

first order / last order / wont recive order / lost money

arghhhhh

M

Miles

Personally I'm glad they are gone. Their service was appalling and they gave a bad name to online retail.

I asked them to cancel an order a couple of weeks ago (waited for 3 months loads of excuses nothing delivered) have to check my next CC statement to see if they did refund.

SimonD

Standard Member
They have owed me £23 since near the end of January despite cancelling the orders over the phone.
I even contacted my bank a week ago to dipute the transactions and was told that they couldn't start to dispute the transactions for 60 days.

buns

Banned
Originally posted by Ian J
Presumably you didn't lose any money in this business failure unlike quite a few others.
no, but even if i had, giving off here isnt going to help any nor is it going to to anyone any good.

ad

CooperUK

Well, I still had three DVDs to arrive, but fortunately paid via Barclaycard.

They'd had several calls today when I phoned them. They are sending me a dispute form so that the transactions can be removed from my bill.

Phew!

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Well i am probably in the minority here but as i never had a single problem with them i'm gutted
same here.......till now - i've paid for something by 'switch' card - is there no way to get the money back? (only £8, but money is tight right now :(

feel sorry for any of you with much more than this. I wonder how long they knew what was happening? - deceitful tw*ts.

ma9evp

Standard Member
I'm absolutely p##sed off. I placed an order in February for £100+ by debit card.
Does anyone know a way of getting all/part of your money back as it doesn't seem right that they are automatically exempt from reimbursing customers.

ScoobyZ

Yep Im glad to see them go.

Sent me a wrong version of a DVD. Took ages. Contacted Trading Standards to sort it out. Managed to get refund. I never used again despite some good offers.

DVDcake

Novice Member
Following Splash's promotion in the spring of last year during which I ordered many titles and games, some of which never turned up (e.g. waited almost 5 months for super MonkeyBall 2, eventually geting it in a Blockbuster sale) and thus having to cancel, I still do not know for sure to this day if I got all my outstanding money back.:rolleyes:
Considering when it started they called it 'Under 18', before changing the name to 'Splash' I have always found their business practice to be a bit suspect, especially the action of charging at the time of order instead of the time of despatch. :suicide:

Splash burns.:devil:

I

IsoArska

This is so unfair, I posted my thread about this to the bargain section and it was closed as a duplicate. But the posting times show that, I was first to report this :(

(Maybe this is more appropiate forum though...:rolleyes: )

Andrew_arkless

Novice Member
Originally posted by ScoobyZ
Yep Im glad to see them go.

Sent me a wrong version of a DVD. Took ages. Contacted Trading Standards to sort it out. Managed to get refund. I never used again despite some good offers.
Had the same sort of problems getting refunds - You shouldn't have to "manage" to get refunds from any company that makes an error. I'm glad these cowboys are gone.

CLH

Originally posted by IsoArska
This is so unfair, I posted my thread about this to the bargain section and it was closed as a duplicate. But the posting times show that, I was first to report this :(

(Maybe this is more appropiate forum though...:rolleyes: )
Awww:blush:

Although I'm sure Splash closing could actually be considered a money saver!

J

Julie Winston

I think you are all being a bit harsh on Splash. OK, we all knew the delivery was slow but if you can live with that they were OK. How many of us aquired multiple £2.00 vouchers and used them in conjunction with the £2.00 off sale? OK, they were mugs for allowing it to happen but most of us abused it anyway.

I don't know how many jobs were lost as a result of this, remember also that they would have had their prices watched by the likes of Play & CD WOW. This helped keep down prices all round.

I am owed £7.99 by credit card, I just need to go through the mechanism to reclaim it now.

Spare a thought for those ex-Splash employees who are looking for work...