Bye Bye Virgin Media!!!

That's because Virgin in most areas are using the cable that was formerly used by NTL, before that Cable & Wireless and before that it would have been Nynex, who originally laid it over thirty years ago, so won't be I guess fibre.
Yes the cable to my house is the old Cabeltell in the UK and then NTL. Must have been there for 25 years I think, probably the reason for ongoing dropping put of the signal

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me and can share the outcome.
I chatted online and agreed a new package. £20+£5 for 250Mb + 4Gb SIM. I was sent a contract summary stating these numbers, and agreed online to start this new package. Some hours later I got an Email saying "Here is your contract" and the price shown on that contract is 21.76/mth. Also I got a welcome Email from O2, saying welcome to your 2Gb SIM.
Is Virgin lying to me? Will I be billed 21.76? I went back online today, and the agent said her computer shows 20/mth. After yesterday's chat I asked for a transcript, but never received one. Fortunately I logged the conversation myself contemporaneously.
If you had a similar experience what was the outcome? Thanks

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me and can share the outcome.
I chatted online and agreed a new package. £20+£5 for 250Mb + 4Gb SIM. I was sent a contract summary stating these numbers, and agreed online to start this new package. Some hours later I got an Email saying "Here is your contract" and the price shown on that contract is 21.76/mth. Also I got a welcome Email from O2, saying welcome to your 2Gb SIM.
Is Virgin lying to me? Will I be billed 21.76? I went back online today, and the agent said her computer shows 20/mth. After yesterday's chat I asked for a transcript, but never received one. Fortunately I logged the conversation myself contemporaneously.
If you had a similar experience what was the outcome? Thanks
They seem to have different stories depending on who you talk to. With me the telephone line has never worked and I cannot get it sorted out with them (fortunately it is redundant for me now). They promised me steady 130 meg and a top router. I get 130 meg that just keeps dropping out and an older router that does not work at all well wirelessly and I have had to cannibalise another router. They say they cannot provide a modern router but they have to others who have had the same problem. All these things are solvable through persistence but better to move shop than deal with multiple customer service people. Not quite your answer, however i did not get anything that they promised which sounds about the same with you.

This is a big reason why I moved away from them after so many years. They are utterly inconsistent and the total reliance on rubbish quality indian tech support is beyond a joke. When my Asus went wrong, it does happen, VM BB tech said that "you are too far away from the router".
I replied that I am in line of sight of the SH3, under 2 metres and get about 0.35 Mbit!!
They would not come up with any solution!! All they could say was it is my fault. I asked them how is this possible? Reply was it is the customers fault and you are too far away
Their prices do not reflect any loyalty to their services. Thankfully, I sent back my VOIP and SH3 via their return systems. Move away from them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom