Bye bye PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamanchi

Established Member
Reaction score
I was so excited when i picked up my PS3 on launch night. But after a couple of days playing the excitement wore off. The more i used it the more dissapointed i was with it. I play alot of online games on my 360 and i would have thought that Sony would have looked at xbox live and tried there dammed hardest to come up with something similar.

OK you can see your freinds online when you enter the dashboard. But thats as far as it goes. Trying to invite someone to a game is impossible unless you know their phone number. Then you have to explain what lobby your in etc....

Another thing is that they didnt provide a headset!!!! Why??? I know people on here have had no problems with there headsets but i also know alot have. I had to sync mine up every time i used it, and then it didnt work. And when it did there was a massive delay. And dont get me started on the lag issues.

All in all i was very dissapionted with my PS3. I liked my bluray but thats about it. So i sold it and upgraded my 360 to an elite and now look forward to many hours trouble free gaming on my 360.

Rant over.

I see great things for this thread.

Mod Comment

I'm inclined to close this thread now before things get out of hand. We have had several threads like this before which have just deteriorated. At the first sign of this happening it will be closed. Let's keep it civil and not turn it into yet another 360 vs. PS3 arguement. Thanks.

I cant say what i want to say without the mods giving me a rollocking so ill just /subscribe and see what happens

I see great things for this thread.

LOL. Know what you mean. Seen it several times already.

I'm keeping my PS3 because I think it has lot of potential. Luckily I have a Wii to keep me in gaming over the next few months though.

RDB :)

I think the PS3 was priced highly enough without them including a headset (besides Sony battery attached to the side of your face.... < BOOM > instant Van Gough *rotf* - whilst a force feedback headset might be an innovation it's not the gaming thrill I would be looking for) to be honest.

While I cannot fault most of the other comments I would have to disagree on the headset issue... it's done and dusted so only thing to say is enjoy the new rig!

Another thing is that they didnt provide a headset!!!! Why??? I know people on here have had no problems with there headsets but i also know alot have. I had to sync mine up every time i used it, and then it didnt work. And when it did there was a massive delay. And dont get me started on the lag issues.

Id rather use my mobile phone headset than fork out for microsofts own brand version, plus the play and charge kit, plus the wifi adaptor, plus their own hard drive, plus the HD DVD drive plus all the other microsoft only hardware you have to buy - £££ nightmare!

But, that said the games are better at the moment for 360 and the online experience, but I think by Christmas all that should change. Especially with Home out soon :)

not turn it into yet another 360 vs. PS3 arguement. Thanks.

Not being funny but to post what he has he has set it up just for that. Why do ppl feel the need to start threads like this on a volative subforum like this always amazes me. @ OP 360 forum is that way --> majority of us are happy with our purchase ta :)

Not being funny but to post what he has he has set it up just for that. Why do ppl feel the need to start threads like this on a volative subforum like this always amazes me. @ OP 360 forum is that way --> majority of us are happy with our purchase ta :)

I appreciate that but at the same time people have the right to voice their opinions and views. I do think that such threads should not be started in the first place as like you say they pretty much always end up going down hill. Plus this discussion has been done to death now. Like I said at the first sign of this happening it will be closed.

What amazes me is how little patience some people have when buying consoles. Ive also seen the same in the wii and 360 threads.

"Bought the console then sold it 2 days later as i was bored"

Its like saying "oh i bought a blu ray player the other day but there isnt any decent blu rays out yet so i sold it" or "I just sold my HDTV the other day because there was nowt on the channels last night" ;)

Each to there own but i have never had any intention of selling my PS3 or wii even if i go through phases of "boredom" When i had a 360 i went through a phase last year of not touching it for 4 mths and then i went back to it once decent games came out! I think its very extreme to get rid of any console after just 2 days but hey everyone is different and if the OP has decided its not for him then fair enough. I just think its strange thats all!

Well said Addyb. A console has a life of 5 years+. To sell it after a few weeks of boredom is a bit mad.

What amazes me is how little patience some people have when buying consoles. Ive also seen the same in the wii and 360 threads.

Its like saying "oh i bought a blu ray player the other day but there isnt any decent blu rays out yet so i sold it" or "I just sold my HDTV the other day because there was nowt on the channels last night" ;)

Each to there own but i have never had any intention of selling my PS3 or wii even if i go through phases of "boredom" When i had a 360 i went through a phase last year of not touching it for 4 mths and then i went back to it once decent games came out! I think its very extreme to get rid of any console after just 2 days but hey everyone is different and if the OP has decided its not for him then fair enough. I just think its strange thats all!

I share the same view. i have all three consoles and i have no intention of selling any of them. Sure they al go through dry spells now and then and there are times when i won't use one of them for a while. However there are always going to be games I want to play in the future and I know if I sell one of my consoles I will regret it. To me selling it now and buying one again later when there is something to play on it doesn't make sense as you end up spending even more money on it.

If there weren't any games you wanted when it launched then you shouldn't have got it really. That and the price is still why i haven't got one

you only have to go back,in your mind,and its been the same all over the board.
xbox 360-hardly any games at lauch,took nearly a year to get to where it is.
nintendo wii-a few games,went through a short dry spell,and is now gearing/picking up pace.
ps2 - hardly any decent games/content at lauch,took nearly a year to get to where it was..same for xbox,dreamcast,ps1,saturn,n64,snes,megadrive.
longer for the european and australian gamers,as the US,and japan,had lots of games,and many took a long time to get here,if ever at all,in some titles cases.
just give it time,is the best advice.
good things come to those who wait.

The more you see how the PS3 is developing the more it becomes obvious that christmas 2007 was the time when it should really have been launched, when a few more decent games were available as well as Home to tie in all the online functionality properly.

I think they only launched it when they did because they knew a lot of people wouldn't have waited for another year, and also to introduce a relatively cheap blu ray player to the market otherwise hd dvd would be romping ahead by now.

I ditched the 360 and kept the PS3.....simple as!

The most even handed post on the subject i've read and i agree 100%.

To be disappointed is one thing (i am) but to sell so soon is insanely impetuous surely. In the end it sounds like you were impatient to buy a new console and then impatient to wait for any games you wanted.

My advice - sit back, have a cuppa and relax. The good games will be along soon enough. Until then enjoy it as a great entry into the BD market.

I won't get rid of my PS3 but I am dissapointed with it,, I have not had a game in it since I got shut of motorstorm 4 months ago, I own all 3 consoles, and can say somethings crap no matter which machine its on. Like my recent purchase of Medal of Honor for 360, utter crap.

I keep hearing its gonna get better and cant really see the point in losing a boat load of money by selling it anyway, but then I see the games I am really interested in are a long way off, wipeout, killzone2 and GT, I will be honest the only thing that stops me from selling it is I would only have to shell out a load of cash on a stand alone blu ray player.

I was so excited when i picked up my PS3 on launch night. But after a couple of days playing the excitement wore off. The more i used it the more dissapointed i was with it. I play alot of online games on my 360 and i would have thought that Sony would have looked at xbox live and tried there dammed hardest to come up with something similar.

OK you can see your freinds online when you enter the dashboard. But thats as far as it goes. Trying to invite someone to a game is impossible unless you know their phone number. Then you have to explain what lobby your in etc....

All in all i was very dissapionted with my PS3. I liked my bluray but thats about it. So i sold it and upgraded my 360 to an elite and now look forward to many hours trouble free gaming on my 360.

Rant over.

Many hours of trouble free gaming is not something that's normally associated with the 360, seem to remember something about a red ring

Id rather use my mobile phone headset than fork out for microsofts own brand version, plus the play and charge kit, plus the wifi adaptor, plus their own hard drive, plus the HD DVD drive plus all the other microsoft only hardware you have to buy - £££ nightmare!

But, that said the games are better at the moment for 360 and the online experience, but I think by Christmas all that should change. Especially with Home out soon :)

Firstly i didnt want to start a 360 v PS3 war. Don't get me wrong the PS3 is an amazing bit of kit, BUT Sony have let themselves down with the online gaming. That was my main gripe. It just seemed that Sony thought of online gaming the day before they released the PS3.

As for the quoted comment. At least you've got a choice of spending a £100+ on a HD-DVD player.

And as for me getting bored easy, well thats just me, I gave it a good go but when i realised i paid £500 for a console that was just sitting on the side being used as a dvd player then i realised it just wasnt worth the money.

Blu-ray isnt all that dare i say that i prefer HD-DVD!!!!

Many hours of trouble free gaming is not something that's normally associated with the 360, seem to remember something about a red ring

Extended 3 year warranty and i've had no trouble with mine.

funnily enough, I am loving my PS3. I have had a 360 for a year, and also like that a lot too, and I have some good games for it... but I can't stay off the PS3 these days... I only have a few games for it, but with the downladable PSN titles (a lot of which are better than most XBLA titles) I haven't had the chance to get bored of the PS3 yet, and I do wonder how people get bored so easily. Maybe they have much more time on their hands than I do!

I over indulged and got all 3 ... :D.... and im very happy with all 3. I have my wii which is great for a bit of family fun and having a laugh after a few beers ...... i love my elite and still love cod2 online .... my ps3 gets hammerd with motorstorm and warhawk the most. I originally only bought it for thr blu-ray playback but changed my mind when i saw motorstorm running ... :thumbsup:.

Being a proud parent of 3 :rotfl: i am very happy with them all and try to give each a moment or two of my time ...... you"ll have to excuse me now ..... i have to prep for surgery in trauma center. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm in agreement with most and selling a console so early in the development cycle does seem a bit rash.
Can't argue with the OP comments about most lobbies etc. but hopefully the much discussed 2.0 update will give us the well overdue in game XMB access we all crave. Plus it's going to be interesting to see just how Home works in conjunction with game lobbies and chat.
As for the game situation I've been miffed of late (Warhawk is my fix at the minute) but I'm looking at end of September to Xmas & wondering when I'm going to play everything (Heavenly Sword/Stranglehold/FIFA/Pro Evo/Skate/Assassins Creed/GT5 Prologue/CoD4/Haze etc etc.).
Can't really see much advantage in 360 over PS3 from a games point of view from here on in as there aren't many exclusives and the visuals are more or less the same on both machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom