Bye bye fusion - hello (again Pace Twin)

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by SNICK, Mar 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Decided yesterday get buy a fusion FVRT 150 from Argos (they have a ten quid offer at the moment.) Anyway, took it back today - and have proudly re-instated the Pace, which was temporarily relegated to -under the stair! Altho the fusion worked a dream (all recordings came out just fine - albeit in only one day)and the actual machine looked the dogs - the noise WOW :eek: A continual drone, from the HDD did it in for me - unless I killed the power, it was there all the time. Had to turn up the TV to drown out the noise - and I could hear it upstairs too! :D

I'm not writing this to knock the player - which in some ways outperformed my trusty yet tempermental Pace - back am I glad it's gone! :) (peace and quiet!!)

2. clawson

clawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Fusions vary in noise. Mine was whisper quiet but recently I've had the HDD/fan assembly in/out about 10 times while trying (unsuccessfully so far) to get an SP1604N upgrade to 128GB storage to work. Now there is quite a noticeable fan noise (and it is the fan, not the drive that makes the racket).

If you'd just asked for an exchange at Argos you may have been lucky enough to get one where the fan wasn't noisy.

Cliff

3. Bearded_Malc

Bearded_Malc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    AFAIR there is something on digital spy about this. Mounting the fan on rubber or putting the unit on a mouse map make a large difference the post said AFAIR.

4. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I did consider getting a replacement - but there were other issues that I couldn't live with i.e number of buttons you had to press just getting out of the library and the remote :eek: (guess I could have got a 1 for all)