By a 6 year old

Reaction score
Not sure if this is allowed but I'll enter it anyway and if the mods want me to remove it I will happily do so.

This wasn't taken by me but by my 6 year daughter on my camera who has a love of daffodils, I've of course edited it. I'm not sure she intended the angle but I think it works and she has a printed copy on her bedroom wall.

I know the subject itself doesn't fit the theme but the way the shot taken certainly does....hence the entry.

By a 6 year old by m.ww, on Flickr

EXIF Info
Exif_zpseda6397c.jpg~original

I like it, simple as that.
A different angle makes the difference.

Nice idea, don't see why it doesn't fit the theme, doesn't really get any more 'through a child's eyes' than this does it?

yep - I agree - deffo on theme and I'm sure there's no reason why you can't submit it on her behalf... I don't think this is the first time that a shot that wasn't "technically" shot by the AVF member was entered... but I'm sure Zone will confirm for sure ?

EDIT:...though maybe I spoke too soon...

"1: Pictures entered must be owned and taken by the forum member entering the competition.

Now this rule seems to generate debate which can only be a good thing but to try and clarify!

Taken
means that the sole idea and technical expertise through planning and design, acquired the final result!
If an individual then uses another person to trigger the shot or influence the capture in any way then ownership should still belong to the creator and originator of the initial idea!"

It would be a shame to exclude this.

Thanks guys, happy to remove if Zone rules as much, I'd guessed I was on the edge of it being allowed or not.

I set the the aperture, ISO etc and actually held her hands as the camera is still a little heavy for her but she looked through the viewfinder and pressed the shutter.

Thanks guys, happy to remove if Zone rules as much, I'd guessed I was on the edge of it being allowed or not.

I set the the aperture, ISO etc and actually held her hands as the camera is still a little heavy for her but she looked through the viewfinder and pressed the shutter.
I was going to link the rules but Jim's done that already. They do seem contradictory, but the last statement suggests that the actual shot can be taken by someone else if you set it up. I'm not sure that I'd call this taken by the forum member, but this is what the rules say and we have to abide by the rules ;)

Don't listen to Snerks - he's just a grumpy ;)

"Taken means that the sole idea and technical expertise through planning and design, acquired the final result!
If an individual then uses another person to trigger the shot or influence the capture in any way then ownership should still belong to the creator and originator of the initial idea!"

Sounds like you just described this to us ;)

Don't listen to Snerks - he's just a grumpy ;)

"Taken means that the sole idea and technical expertise through planning and design, acquired the final result!

Sounds like you just described this to us ;)
I'm not being grumpy :nono: Just pedantic :laugh:
I think it's fine as an entry :)

I've reported the post so hopefully Zone will be along shortly to offer some clarity.

I don't have an issue with this particular picture having been taken by the OP's daughter; actually I think it is a great interpretation of the theme.

I've reported the post so hopefully Zone will be along shortly to offer some clarity.

Don't forget - too much Clarity can ruin a shot ;) :D

I don't have an issue with this particular picture having been taken by the OP's daughter; actually I think it is a great interpretation of the theme.

Thanks for the response and comment.

This forum is saturated with your jokes and the lack of sharpness of them just shows how out of focus you are with this section.......:laugh::D:rotfl::devil:

Couldn't help it sorry.
...I suppose I should be grateful that you even called them Jokes and used saturated and not Littered... ;)

I am shocked by the way this thread is developing.

Don't be so Negative! :p

Colour me amused.

I think you're both being exposed for your lame humour ;)

*flashes* :D

For me again this is obviously taking the literally sense of the theme, but for me as much as its on theme its off theme. The idea is through a child's eyes not literally a child taking a pic. Thats just my opinion and i am old and grumpy

My 8 year old son is a very keen photographer lately. I was considering this option myself, but then decided against it... not sure why, really. Well, it works for me. I wonder about the dark and moody processing. I wonder if that's how she saw it or was it that she was more delighted, maybe? Nice picture and well taken for someone that age! Give them a camera early, I say :)

I'm on the fence about this one tbh.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom