BX firmware updates

Nin10do

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does it get the same firmware updates as the CX in regards of HDMI 2.1 issues like VVR or 120hz?

I'm considering getting a BX55.

Thanks.

I love it and I'm using a Xbox Series X. Played Halo Reach with some friends last night and it was super smooth and the game looks stunning for its age. Prior to playing the campaign in coop I loaded into the solo campaign and checked framerates and noticed on the frame counter it would dip below 120 on occasions but was not noticeable in terms of judder or tearing. I haven't noticed any negatives with using VRR. For me its a game changer and the best part of the new console. I think you'd be happy with either the BX or CX from a gaming perspective at the least.

I love it and I'm using a Xbox Series X. Played Halo Reach with some friends last night and it was super smooth and the game looks stunning for its age. Prior to playing the campaign in coop I loaded into the solo campaign and checked framerates and noticed on the frame counter it would dip below 120 on occasions but was not noticeable in terms of judder or tearing. I haven't noticed any negatives with using VRR. For me its a game changer and the best part of the new console. I think you'd be happy with either the BX or CX from a gaming perspective at the least.

They fixed the stutter with VVR then?

Watching any movies on it?

Thanks.

They fixed the stutter with VVR then?

Watching any movies on it?

Thanks.

I watched 1917 on it via Amazon Prime and the slow pans had some judder but I turned on Truemotion and it cleaned up and looked fine. I tend to watch Netflix shows, Sky Go (crap quality but its what I use for F1) on the Xbox and gaming on it.

For those tasks I've not noticed much to give me concerns. In terms of gaming I have not seen any judder with VRR. I've played 50 hours of Valhalla, loads of Forza Horizon 4 and also finished Halo Reach in 120fps so there will have been drops in some of those.

I have to question if some of the "judder" is oled panning judder. At the end of the day there is no perfect TV for everything at the moment. Is the CX worth ÂŁ200 more than the BX, absolutely if you're in a bright room and watching sub 4k sources. Given certain rooms and viewing content you will also get a better experience elsewhere.

The only thing I saw on VRR for LG TV's was gamma flicker but I've not seen that personally.

I turned on Truemotion and it cleaned up and looked fine.
Can I please ask, did you use Cinema Clear or did you set Truemotion manually, De-Judder/De-Blur ?
Thanks.

I watched 1917 on it via Amazon Prime and the slow pans had some judder but I turned on Truemotion and it cleaned up and looked fine. I tend to watch Netflix shows, Sky Go (crap quality but its what I use for F1) on the Xbox and gaming on it.

For those tasks I've not noticed much to give me concerns. In terms of gaming I have not seen any judder with VRR. I've played 50 hours of Valhalla, loads of Forza Horizon 4 and also finished Halo Reach in 120fps so there will have been drops in some of those.

I have to question if some of the "judder" is oled panning judder. At the end of the day there is no perfect TV for everything at the moment. Is the CX worth ÂŁ200 more than the BX, absolutely if you're in a bright room and watching sub 4k sources. Given certain rooms and viewing content you will also get a better experience elsewhere.

The only thing I saw on VRR for LG TV's was gamma flicker but I've not seen that personally.

Thanks, I'm going to stick with the LG BX I have ordered I have placed I think. I intend to plug a Series X into it as soon as I can get one and play Or in 120fps 4k!

Can I please ask, did you use Cinema Clear or did you set Truemotion manually, De-Judder/De-Blur ?
Thanks.

I set it manually but I think the big issue with that movie is likely the Amazon stream but its very noticeable because of the camera panning. I disable it as a rule though.

Question, when you refer to VRR, are you talking about Gsync being enabled?
Also, note that when seeing the FPS counter in a game, thats typically only what your gpu is pushing out, not necessarily the refresh rate that the tv is performing at.
For instance, when I play Rocket League on my pc, RL says that my fps is 250 (max in game setting) but my monitor is only 144mhz so its impossible for it to display anything more than 144.... but my geforce 1660ti is pushing 250fps to it.

I set it manually but I think the big issue with that movie is likely the Amazon stream but its very noticeable because of the camera panning. I disable it as a rule though.

I noticed the weird camera pans too and it absolutely drives me bonkers!! I just got it last night so I haven't watched much.

Turning the set on for the first time, an episode of Friends was on and the motion pan weirdness was obvious and would be a deal breaker. However, after that I turned it on newer programming only watching 4k content and I didn't see it anymore. I can't remember if I activate True Motion or not since it was at around 4am haha

Question, when you refer to VRR, are you talking about Gsync being enabled?
Also, note that when seeing the FPS counter in a game, thats typically only what your gpu is pushing out, not necessarily the refresh rate that the tv is performing at.
For instance, when I play Rocket League on my pc, RL says that my fps is 250 (max in game setting) but my monitor is only 144mhz so its impossible for it to display anything more than 144.... but my geforce 1660ti is pushing 250fps to it.

No I mean VRR as defined in the Xbox Series X settings which I believe is a open source variant of freesync/gsync. The counter was a TV info screen although I think its not 100% accurate give. feedback from others. VRR effectively means that when my Xbox is pushing out 120 fps the TV panel will run at 120 Hz, if my framerate drops to 110fps then the TV will drop the panel frequency to match thus eliminating any chance of screen tear or perceived judder.

No I mean VRR as defined in the Xbox Series X settings which I believe is a open source variant of freesync/gsync. The counter was a TV info screen although I think its not 100% accurate give. feedback from others. VRR effectively means that when my Xbox is pushing out 120 fps the TV panel will run at 120 Hz, if my framerate drops to 110fps then the TV will drop the panel frequency to match thus eliminating any chance of screen tear or perceived judder.

That's pretty much what freesync and gsync does. I hooked up my PC to the TV and I should have had a Setup Gsync in the Nvividia settings if the TV is compatible but I didn't so that sucks.

I can't find a button to show display info (ie data speed, bitrate, etc) with any of the programing. Not even from within the Netflix app via LG. How did you do it?

Not able to test right now but rapidly tapping the green button works for me but only when you're on a HDMI input I believe.

I was on HDMI and tapped the hell outta it lol
But I found out how to access service data menu and can see everything now =)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom