Standard Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of the following package:

DM602 Fronts
DM600 Rears
LCR60 Centre

Vibe alpha sub

All connected to STRDB 940 reciever.

Any suggestions on how this setup would sound and would they complement each other?

How would the above setup compare to Kef q3s + q1 + kef centre

Wheres the cheapest I can get the BW speakers ?

Thanks

Also - got another shortlist:

Mission M72i (front and rears)
M72c2

I am limited for space - so floorstanders arent really an option unless i cen get floordstanders under 800mm.

How about Kef

Front Q1 on stands
Ctr Q9
Rears Q8

Velodyne CHT-15 Sub

Just a thought :)

Or How about these -
trio_blue_lifestyle.jpg

I am changing my set up at the minute from the kef eggs to the B&W 602.5 and the lcr60 centre leaving the kef's at the back.
Same amp as yours hitz.
My room is 3.35m x 3.35m.
I havent decided on a sub yet but was thinking of the rel 150 as the quake was too light against the fronts.

Kefs are not as good in comparison - in my opinion.

B&W dont discount there speakers so the best way is go to your nearest dealer and wave pound notes in front of him and haggle for speaker cable or money off

Hitz

I'm looking at replacing my Sony SAVE setup with the options you mentioned.

Have you had a chance to demo the Missions?

I worried about the BW's as they cost almost twice the price of the missions and the wifes not keen on me spending any money at the moment

Originally posted by Biggles
I worried about the BW's as they cost almost twice the price of the missions

The 602's are worth twice the Missions IMO. Not withstanding that the Missions are damn fine little speakers and will wipe the floor with the Sony SAVE setup you have at present.

If you want to convince the missus, take her along to a demo and let her hear the sound improvement too. Mine was well chuffed she could pick the better set of speakers and the rest is history.....:)

I havent had a chance to demo missions.
I am also worried about the BW price tag but they are front ported which is what i need as they will be against a wall.
Also - would this be good option:

DM602 s3 fronts
DM602 s5 rears (floorstander)
LCR60 centre

Having the floorstander as the rears would solve the problem of having speaker stands - as i understand the stands are fairly expensive. also - kids could knock the speaker over if placed on the stand.
I would like to have floorstanders at the front - but i have a shelf cabinet across the room which limits the height to 800mm. So therefore the front speakers(DM 602 s3) would stand approx 300mm off the ground ( i would need to find a stand to accomadate this).

any other suggestions would be appreciated.
ta

602.5's at the rear with 602's on stands at the front is a pretty funky idea - just watch the 602's near a wall and with a shelf above. They are front ported, but still need some space & may feel boxed in and boom a bit. Sturdy stands below 60cm in length may be hard to come by too.

Originally posted by hitz
Also - got another shortlist:

Mission M72i (front and rears)
M72c2

I am limited for space - so floorstanders arent really an option unless i cen get floordstanders under 800mm.

The m73s are £93 at Richer Sounds right now - an absolute BARGAIN for a great pair of little floorstanders. :cool:

It's a shame you can't get around that 800mm limit. Maybe dig a couple of holes in the floor or something. :D

MuFu.

P.S. I have 601 s3 fronts and will soon have 600 rears. I agree that they are definitely worth the hefty premium over the Missions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom