BUZZZZZ!!!!! I.C.E Interference HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Robotochan, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Robotochan

Robotochan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn, just wired up three halfords Ripspeed amps to my car, one is powering 6*9's on the shelf the other two are poweing two 15" subs each, but i'm gettin a clickin/buzz at low volume which increases with engine revs! i had the lot running the +12v in series and seperate earth's to the chassis, oh yeah i thought the buzz was only coming from the 6*9's but that was because they were set to high pass, when i checked the subs on high pass the interference was there as well, so last night i set all the amps in parallel with splitter boxes did the same with the earth which is now being run back to the battery (through the window at the mo:D ) and not to the chassis, now instead of being an intolerable clicking its very low engine rev noise instead, i now you can get noise filters for house hold hi-fi use but is there an incar option and/or is this even the prob? :lease:
    [​IMG]

2. The TV Engineer

The TV Engineer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thats a suppressor fault on your alternator..

Replace the suppressor, it bolts onto the back, very easy to do.

There are RCA filters available as well.. Autoleads product code PC8-101

Hope that helps :)

3. Layne RIP

Layne RIP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Did you by chance run the RCA leads and the power leads down the same side of the car?

4. Robotochan

Robotochan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. eL-ZilCHo!

eL-ZilCHo!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    how've you earthed yor amps? if the earth is a bit dodgy that can cause a hum. make sure where the earth point is is clean and is bare metal, rather than painted. Failing that i'm afraid its a case of taking different parts out of the system, one at a time to determine whats causing the problem. It could be anything. but i'd look at the earth, making sure its a clean connection. If you've already done that then i'm really not sure

6. Robotochan

Robotochan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i did have the earths running seperatley to the chassis, now there running in parallel to a splitter box thats runnin a line back to the battery