Buzzing

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Bryce Curdy, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Bryce Curdy

Bryce Curdy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of the original Sky+ Pace boxes, now around 2 and a half years old. It has a very annoying buzzing sound, even when turned off. The only way of getting rid of it is to unplug the mains lead. I suspect it's been there from the start but is getting worse. I may be more fussy now that I've got a full home cinema kit.

Had a quick look on here but didn't find anything directly related, although there was a reference to the hard drives of the early decoders being noisy. It doesn't sound like a fan, although I do have a video recorder sitting on top of the box. How crucial is ventilation for Sky +?

Any comments gratefully received.

2. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    If nothing else you could try swopping the two round so the sky box sits on the top of the video recorder!

3. Bryce Curdy

Bryce Curdy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks David. I do mean to try that. Because of the weight of the equipment on the stand, it's probably at least a half hour job involving lots of bad language! Anyone else know anything about this?

4. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    One other thing you COULD try is to replace the mains lead on it. I of course take no responsibilty if it then blows up :) :eek: :p