Buzzing Sound

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Robert Lancs, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Robert Lancs

Robert Lancs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using a scart box connected to my tv to connect both my dvd player and freeview box to it at once. It has 2 sets of audio and video output plugs of which one I am using to connect to my hifi to enjoy stereo sound which my tv doesn't provide. However this comes accompanied with a buzzing sound, even worse the other set of sockets outputs the sound at a phenomonal level, turning up the sound ever so slightly results in my speakers at a rate which just about won't annoy the neighbours and distorted sound. The sockets I am using at the moment also when the scart box is touched increases the buzzing noise whereas no buzzing noise on the other one. I am left with the worst of both worlds on sound with no compromise level on a scart box which cost me 20 pound. I don't wish to spend more on cables because thats all they are, I don't wish to buy a tv because who knows whats going on, the way things are going digital tv will be subscription only with analogue being defunct and me having an analogue tv with which I can view nothing on that was bought a few years before digital switch off. There must be some other clear explanation as to what is up that is not costly.

Your help will be greatly appreciated with and this smily sums me up: :lease:

2. Andy_t

Andy_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Freeview boxes and DVD players usually have audio outputs on them anyway - try connecting those directly to the hifi and not through the scart box. I personally wouldn't trust a £20 scart box. Better to save up and get an AV receiver! As for the whole digital switch off thing, I've read recently that the government are beginning to realise that there's a hell of a lot of work to do before then (digital VCRs, get better signal for indoor aerials etc.).

3. Robert Lancs

Robert Lancs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, will try connecting my dvd player direct to hifi as that has the audio sockets.

4. Andy_t

Andy_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let me know if that does the trick. Actually if you're not using a VCR then you may be able to plug the DVD player into the second scart of the Freeview box and watch it through that which would take away the need for a scart box full stop. Not sure if that would work but I know it does for some freeview boxes.

5. Robert Lancs

Robert Lancs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Havnt had chance to try yet, my freeview box only has 1 scart lead and someone's borrowed my dvd player, and have had it for too long so once ive got it back i'll try it out.