Buzzing sound from Samsung TV

silverpuma

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, My sister's Samsaung 32" LCD flatscreen is about 2-3 years old so a reasonable modern TV. Last week, as best as I can describe it a buzzing or more like a hissing noise started. It gets louder as you turn the volume up so much so you really can't watch anything as the noise is too intrusive.

Also on the top of the TV it seems quite warm/hot as well though in fairness this is the way it could have been since new as you never check this sort of thing when it was working. So that "might" be a red herring!

Is this a new TV situation or is there any easy fixes I could try first for her?

You haven't said if it's the same on all inputs including it's built-in Freeview (just to rule out a fault elsewhere) but if it is there are no easy fixes the "man in the street" can do to be honest.
Some early Samsung models (you haven't given the model no?) suffered from capacitor failure on the power supply board.
They do run warm and heat rises and you will feel it at the top so I wouldn't be concerned with that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom