1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buzzing Sanyo 32" Widescreen

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dwsadler1, Apr 20, 2001.

1. dwsadler1

dwsadler1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone out there have problems with a background buzz from the 32" widescreen set, Sanyo or otherwise?
    I have just had a new Sanyo 32" 32WN4 Nicam replaced due to an audible coming buzz from the speakers (it goes away when the sound is turned right down).
    The replacement set sounds the same!
    Anyone?

[ 20-04-2001: Message edited by: dwsadler1 ]

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got a Philips 32PW6515 and it has the same problem.

The buzzing stops if you mute the set or the sound is high enough so that it isn't noticeable.

Apparently it's caused by a manufacturing fault on a batch of them where one of the speaker wires is not shielded correctly.

According to QED it's a simple fix but has to be done in the workshop.

3. Dave S

Dave S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that OG.

It sounds like we have exactly the same problem with new sets from different manufacturers.

Your batch explanation would fit since I have had the same problem with 2 identical sets from the same batch.!

I will run your theory past the service engineer in the next few days and let you know what he says.

Another suggestion I have heard is of an "earth loop", from having too many electrical units plugged into the same socket (my set buzzes even when it is plugged directly into the wall all neighbouring AV units unplugged). Try it, just in case!

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks David.

No joy for mine. I'm relucantly returning the set anyway because of other problems (see seperate post "What now?!?").

Hope you get yours sorted.

Cheers

5. Dave S

Dave S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have given up on the Sanyo 32WN4 TV, since the replacement set also buzzed loudly. It was not noticable during loud transmissions but was really noticeable in silent parts...which are supposed to be quiet, after all!

Will probably go for Panasonic TX32DK1 instead.