1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buzzing pronto

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by graham_ew, Dec 27, 2002.

1. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have just got a Pronto (940) for christmas off my wife:D and I am just starting to get to grips with it (I am downloading prontoedit as I type) after playing with it a bit today I have just noticed that when the backlight is on the unit buzzes you can only hear it if you hold it close to your ear but it is there, is this normal :confused: or should I be looking for a replacement before I start programming this one up.

Also can you put in codes for other devices such as my Grundig sky digital box as half the remote buttons have stopped working or will I have to borrow another sky remote , set it to control my Grundig box , and then program the pronto??

Thanks, Merry Christmas and Happy new year.:D

2. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just found this in the FAQ at www.remotecentral.com

A6-09 What's that buzzing sound I can hear?

This tip does not apply to the Philips ProntoPro:

The very faint buzzing sound is made by the inverter, part of the circuitry that generates the higher voltage needed for the display's EL backlight from the low voltage provided by the internal battery. This is completely normal, there is nothing to worry about. You need to be in a very quiet environment to hear it. All similar backlights used in other devices such as watches and palmtops make the same sound.

:D that makes me feel a bit better

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While you were at RC, did you find a CCF that contains your Digibox? I got mine from there, but a long time ago. Think the codes are the same for any digibox of the same age.

4. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    This is my CCF if you are interested. It has a bit of work still to do with icons and it is a bit iffy on the macros to change source, but it should be a useful start for you. The equipment is
    Panasonic TV - 36PL30
    Denon amp - 2802
    Sony DVD - 525
    Panasonic Sky box (but I believe they all use the same IR codes)
    Toshiba VCR (don't know what model)

Have fun.

Attached Files:

5. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that,

I have just relised that all the sky remotes should be the same its just the TV operating function that you change and as I have the orignal Tosh remote thats fine

At the moment its is all still a bit bewildering CCf's and such like I am basically wanting to keep the remote as simple to use as posable (ie just all the most used fuctions) and then have seperate pages for all the other stuff,

It is certainly keeping me out of trouble,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, saying that I might get a thick ear off my wife if I stay on the PC to long ,,,,, but hay she got me the Pronto;)