1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buzzing Pionner 435FDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by magic2020, Mar 31, 2005.

1. magic2020

magic2020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive had my pioneer 435 fde from JL for the past week and it constantly buzzes.

i have read previous threads to change the pure cinema setting to off from advanced. this reduces the buzzing but it is still there. its can be heard all the time when watching tv or dvd.

ive read that some people have exhanged their sets and still have got the buzzing.
    its definately not a fan sound

ive attached the magnetic collar pionner supply to fit around the power cable to reduce noice.

it sounds like a hive of bees are living in the back of the screen. does anyone have a non buzzing pioneer? or do i just have a faulty batch?

shall i get JL to give me another one?

2. dave0523

dave0523
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How far away from the screen can you hear this noise?

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    If it's audible from your seating position, you have a faulty set. It's a known bug, as I daresay your searches have revealed. JL are usually very good about it, surely this is why you bought from them?

4. puggy

puggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i have had a 435 fde for just under two weeks and it does not buzz at all
    so there might be a fault with yours
    hope this helps
    cheers steve

5. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I've had my 434 which I purchased from JL swapped over a few times due to buzzing. The one I have now is much quieter than the first 2 it must be said, but it still gives an audible buzz.

It must be my hearing because my mate was repairing a 50" 434 last week (qualified Pioneer repair shop). I had a right old nosey inside the panel while he had it open and there are a lot of big ICs in there, particularily the massive one badged "Pioneer".

I asked him if it buzzed, he said it was "totally silent". But, he switched it on to test it and I could hear it buzzing.

I had a nosey at the Memos Pioneer had sent out and they mention replacing Power Supplies whilst the unit is in for repair, and specifically state not to charge the customer for this whether the unit is inside or outside of warranty.

Anyway, my advice is to contact JL, state your concern, ask for someone to come out and verify that you have a faulty unit, and if so, get another one.

6. magic2020

magic2020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your comments. i sit about 12 feet away and the buzz is very noticeble.

Do JL replace with another one or do they try and repair the one i have?
    ive been disheartened with the pioneer now and thinking if i should have bought the panasonnic viera. i read that the new42pe50 has some noise reduction gizmos and that its only £1800.

7. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Replace or Refund, JL are good that way. Let us know how you get on.

8. gammmmo

gammmmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Oh bugger! I bought my 435FDE from JL last October and its started buzzing (clearly audible from 10 feet away with sound muted - tends to change its tone according to what is on the screen!). I haven't really been on this forum since I bought it because I was well happy with my new kit (got the Pio868 dvd player as well), so I'm a bit annoyed now. How have other people faired with replacements and repairs? Its a bit of worry that this problem has only started after 6 months of use - it doesn't bode well for straight replacements.

I thought I'd get a few comments on here before I get in touch with JL so they don't fob me off. Avforums was invaluable before I bought the plasma and I hope it will be now!

9. Llanowar

Llanowar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Practically all plasma's have this, one louder than the other, the panasonics have little trouble, but i could still hear it from 10 feet away in the more quiet scenes. Hitachi's are totally horrible, i heard the new 7200 and it's like you said a hive of bees (it's an electric sound in my ear). It's because of the power these plasma's use...it turned from keeping it, i hate noise in my television :(

10. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Hi,

I have owned my 435Xde for some months and it buzzed at first, noticeable from 12ft but after 200hrs or so use the noise has deminished and now i can't hear anything anymore, not even right next to the panel.

Problem solved for me, give it time to run in.

11. gammmmo

gammmmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the speedy reply but I've had it since October and I'm pretty sure mine's done a few more than 200 hours !! Bizarrely enough, it seems to be intermittent...

12. Bleeders

Bleeders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I've got a 7200 and it can sound like the proverbial when displaying some scenes on either DVD or Sky+