1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buzzing Pioneer 435XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bradley187, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Bradley187

Bradley187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased the 435XDE and the buzzing noise is quite loud... (very loud when watching DVD or PS2)

I have had a replacement panel sent out but the media box is still the original one. This panel is still buzzing exactly as the last one did...

Is it possible that it could be the media box that causes the buzzing?

The reason i ask this is because the buzzing isnt as loud on input 1 but the rest of the imputs cause a higher frequency buzzing sound...

also its a UK model

Regards

Intim

2. Fatlab

Fatlab
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just had my 435XDE repaired under warranty for the same problem. For mine aparrently it was a core on the 'Y' board (?) had come loose and was resonating. It got louder on white backgrounds. Pioneer put me in contact with Sequoia Technical Services who came out and removed the unit last Thursday and brought it back yesterday. There is a very slight noise now but it is virtually imperceptible.

Fatlab

3. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I'm getting mine tommorrow, so will try and let you know what mine sounds like......... :cool: (at the moment)

How close are you to the screen to hear this buzzing.....???

4. Bradley187

Bradley187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies

I am sitting about 4 metres away from the panel and the buzzing is very audible.

@ fatlab where is Sequoia Technical Services based in the uk as im in birmingham?

Regards

Intim

5. dereks

dereks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    must be a fault mines doesnt buzz.....

derek

6. Anderzander

Anderzander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my FDE today - woo hoo!

I can't figure out how to get the sound from the tuner though? It's working perfectly through the DVD on the input - but not from the tuner.

Any ideas guys? is there a setting I've missed?

7. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Have now got mine running and i can hear the buzz.
    I sit about 9 feet from the screen and i can still hear it, but it's only faint and i can only hear it when i listern for it, now i know what it sounds like.
    It's not loud enough to be annoying at the moment and i only have the volume this low at this time of the morning.
    During normal volume setting during the day and everning, it will not be noticable and the misses or the kids wont evern know its there.

intimidation, do you have your screen set up in some kind of alcove or corner of the room, which may be amplifing it, as i can not see this being a problem in normal listerning conditions.
    You would have to have the volume at a mega low level for this to be annoying.

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Some buzz and some don't I'm afraid. Anderzander, your lack of sound is most likely caused by incorrect country setting for the tuner. No idea whya this is, but go select UK as your country, re-tune and I'll eat my hat if your sound does not miraculously appear.

9. Anderzander

Anderzander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The sound miraculously appeared :) your hat is safe.

I was living in Austria apparently. Have a good holiday and let me know when you get back - we can sort out the cable we emailed about.

Looks like I might need 10m

Stephen

10. Bradley187

Bradley187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    @CHRIS

I dont have the plama in any alcove m8.. is in the middle of the room sofa facing directly at it...! the only way you should have it if you ask me :D

If you had the buzzing problem you would know about it...

on input 2,3 and 4 the buzzing is far louder! and if you turn pure cinema on to advance it is even louder. I can hear it while watching DVD.

I have now contacted pioneer direct, they have told me there could be a problem (No surprise here :cool: ) they are going to hand pick me a panel out listen to it then bring it to me... They tried to tell me the buzzing could be caused by the stand or the DVD player, I answered "they are both Pioneer also, the answer i recieved "it wont be those components then!" LOL

I know im not the only person receiving this fault.... I would strongly recomend anyone having this problem to cantact Pioneer and let them know because at the moment they are saying the problem only exists in the USA. I told them the problem is happening here and I think i now have their attention after a few hours on the phone and a lot of denial they started to admit the fault.

Regards

Intim

11. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Is it a really loud buzz or is it just unfortunate that it is at a frequancy that your hearing is more prone to.
    Can anyone else in your house notice it.
    I'm useing my laptop at the moment and the sound is muted on the 435 and the fan in my laptop is louder than the buzz from the panel.
    In fact my servo 15's are on all the time and the low freq buzz that come from them is louder than the panny.
    I'm sure i read some where that all plasma's buzz, just some are louder than others, but if the 435 is not meant to buzz then maybe i should make some phone calls...
    You'll have to give us all an update when you get the new one and let us know if there is a slight buzz comming from the back, when you stand next to it or if it is totally quiet.

12. bigmac1

bigmac1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I hear a buzz from mine only when I have the sound muted. Once I have the sound on I can't hear it at all, not even at low volumes. If the buzz is audible during normal viewing then I wouldn't view that as acceptable and would contact Pioneer.

13. Bradley187

Bradley187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as im aware you will get a buzz from all plasma screens!

But I can hear the buzzing when my sound is on, I can hear it when watching a dvd, When playing the ps2. The only time it is'nt so bad is when watching cable, seems to be a little quieter which is very strange.

My G/f can hear it and so can all of my friends, Of course I notice it a little more as im the one thats just spent all the money on it and am not satisfied with the volume of the buzzing noise... If I had known it would buzz this loud then i would have thought twice about purchasing one. I dont think I shoud have to have my volume turned right up just so i cant hear the buzz...

Will post back when pioneer get back to me...!

Regards

intim

14. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +844
    My 435 had a loud buzz when i first bought it but it dissipated over time 250+ hrs and now no buzzing whatsoever!

Give it time!

15. Bradley187

Bradley187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hopefully I wont have to wait as pioneer are bringing me a replacement. But to be honest the buzz is driving me crazy...! I will have had the panel on over 200+ hrs by the time they replace it so i will let u know if it gets any quieter on mine.!

Regards

Intim

16. Gary Malyon

Gary Malyon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 435 XDE buzzes as well. Mine is wall mounted and I wondered if it was because of that.
    I have a colleague who said his buzzes a little. I saw an article in a magazine which critised it as well (after I'd already got mine)
    I agree with Intimidation it is quite annoying. It seems worse when using the DVD, sky doesn't seem so bad.
    I think I'll give Pioneer a call tomorrow.

Rgds gary

17. Bradley187

Bradley187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like exactly the same problem...

I spoke to a man named James at pioneer customer services and told him I am not the only one recieving this problem... So I would recommend contacting them as they are sending me a hand picked panel out....

Regards

Intim