Buzzing Panasonic TX32LXD70 woes!!

sheridan2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just took delivery of this television yesterday and for the first four hours of having it on everything was fine, great picture, great sound and great everything. at about 1000pm this same evening i heard what i can only describe as an electrical buzzing within the lounge. i first thought it was the energy saving bulbs in the room as it was similar to them when they get hot and buzz. When i checked i noticed that the sound was in fact coming form the rear of the panasonic. you can not hear it when the sound is a 50% and above but this make the audio a little too loud. it really does sound like an electrical buzz from within. i have heard other televisions suffering from the dreaded buzz but from reading reviews i was of the understanding this was not the case for the panasonic...its now there all the time from when started to cold. Anybody else suffering this problem??

Thanks

:(

Re-Buzzing:

I received my 32lxd70 last Tueasday and everything was fine. I read reports about buzzing and checked mine, but nothing. Then a couple of days ago, the buzzing noise appeared, not that I heard it while watching, only by randomly checking. I can't hear it unless I put my head behind the tv, but nevertheless it's not perfect. Anyhow, I tried switching the tv off completely overnight and switching it also off at the plug socket. This morning it was fine - no buzzing....will monitor this over the next few days.

my god panny are putting bees in their tvs those s*ck f***s

thanx chaps im not shelling 700 quid on this little buzzer:smashin:

my god panny are putting bees in their tvs those s*ck f***s

thanx chaps im not shelling 700 quid on this little buzzer:smashin:

have phoned crampton and moore and they are gonna swap it out this friday. hopefully ill get one that dont buzz like a bumble bee....if the next one is the same then it maybe that this is a inherant fault with the set and will have to live with the buzz. its a shame really as the tv is really good just this dam buzz!!

have phoned crampton and moore and they are gonna swap it out this friday. hopefully ill get one that dont buzz like a bumble bee....if the next one is the same then it maybe that this is a inherant fault with the set and will have to live with the buzz. its a shame really as the tv is really good just this dam buzz!!

sounds like capacitor issues to me.

The buzz on mine can't be heard unless you stick your head behind the tv, it also appears from other posts that some are louder than others. Obviously it's not ideal, and I'll see if the switching off from the mains has worked, I dont really want to exchange it as the next one may buzz louder and then I may get one with dead pixels, slight clouding etc....

Anyone had this tv for over a week and not experienced any buzzing?

Mine buzzed, had it swapped out yesterday. New one still buzzes (although it doesn't seem as loud), guess I'll just have to get used to it.

I have a TX32LXD70 and mine is now buzzing while the set is in standbye. Even if I take the TV out of standbye by using the switch on top of the TV mine still buzzes ! It has got louder over the past week or so.

I purchased this set from John Lewis - Do I go direct to Panasonic or to John Lewis ?

Thanks in advance

I purchased this set from John Lewis - Do I go direct to Panasonic or to John Lewis ?

Thanks in advance

John Lewis will be your first point of contact as they sold it to you.

I bought mine from JL too. It started to buzz after a week. I'm thinking about getting it changed, how bad is your buzzing...can you hear it while watching?

I think some of you fellas are getting a bit obsessive. Obviously if the buzz is audible on a normal listening volume you should take it back but by most of the comments i have read on this site (not just this thread) you have almost had to stick your ear on the back of the tv to hear it:eek:

seems my buzzing has clmed down a little. while its still there it is not as noticable now unless the volume of the tv is low and it all quiet around the house. cancelled the replacement and will see if i can live with it.

Mine is only when in standbye mode. I have an open plan house and you can hear it in the kitchen. I understand LCD do create buzzing. I cannot hear any buzzing when watching the TV from 8 ft away but when it is off in standbye it is very clear.

seems my buzzing has clmed down a little. while its still there it is not as noticable now unless the volume of the tv is low and it all quiet around the house. cancelled the replacement and will see if i can live with it.

I think if it remains at that level you shouldnt worry. Above that and you should.

It's only the capcitors, I would give it a couple of weeks to see if they settle down, otherwise swap the telly. Panasonic are usually solid kit.

I think I will give it some more time, is the 28 days from purchase or from receiving the item, as I got it a week after I bought it.

Try this:

Face the tv and you cant hear anything...
turn 90 degree so the side of your face is facing the tv and you can hear the buzzing....obvious...but annoying!

Just reallises that there is no buzzing during the daytime, just at night...could this be to do with the backlight sensor?

Just reallises that there is no buzzing during the daytime, just at night...could this be to do with the backlight sensor?
Funnily enough I noticed that...I put it down to the fact that the ambient noise is a bit quieter at night (and I'm sure I read somewhere that your hearing becomes more acute the darker it is, that's why your car stereo sounds better whilst driving at night compared to daylight driving), I'm sure the buzzing probably stays the same....

My lxd500 buzzed for a year and worked fine so I don't think the buzzing means anything bad but it is annoying,i used it mainly at night (with headphones from my amp) I only got rid of it for a lxd600 far better picture and i can't decide if i'm gonna get a '700 when it comes out cause i don't want another buzzing panny?(my '600's silent)

I actually put my ear to the back of the tv. It's totally quiet in the daytime, but buzzes at night...so I'm thinking it must be the sensor....will go to JL and see if their ones buzz, if so then I'll stick, otherwise will get it exchanged.

Popped in to JL Oxford Street, had a listen to the ones in the showroom - no buzzing. Had a chat with the guy, he said he will send an engineer with another set and check mine and check the new one & replace it.

I checked mine today and it does seem to be louder at night and at times during the day there is no buzzing at all. I have set the picture to auto and see if the sensor makes any difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom