1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buzzing Panasonic TH-42PWD7BS

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by johnyd01, May 9, 2005.

1. johnyd01

johnyd01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

i frequently keep an eye on the message boards for hints and tips etc, and have not had the need to post before. the time to post has come and unfortunately it's because of a an 'issue' with my two month old screen. to cut a long story short, I was watching tv yesterday and got up to leave the room and i heard a buzzing that was coming from the rear of the screen. I'm 99% sure it's not been this loud before, otherwise I would have picked up on it. The picture quality is still superb, but even when I've got no signal going in to the screen, there is a buzzing - and it's quite loud. Loud enough to hear when standing about 2 metres directly in front of the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this with the same model? it's a cracking screen and up to now it's been superb, but this buzzing is getting on my wotsits (you know when you notice something, and your subconscious just tunes in to it)! Nothing has changed since i've had it...

I've not had a chance to muck around with it, but i'll plug the power directly in to a wall socket, and check the core, in case that's somehow (?) related.

Judging by the feedback from hornydragon (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183227) I shouldn't have this problem.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Cheers.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    th buzz will be audible if you have no sound on and put your ear to the rear of the panel, it will get louder the more white the image or the brighter the screen (draws more power) but peoples idea of acceptable "BUZZ" varies, all mains powered electronic equipment will buzz and hum at various frequencies I hear it alot with CRT which is more of a "whine" than a "buzz" generally pannys are better for "buzz" but it may be a sign of a failing PSU if it has suddenly got a lot louder.

3. johnyd01

johnyd01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, it sounds like there will be a problem with the screen itself. I would expect some noise from the back, but the noise it's generating at the moment is a little bit too harsh. Fingers crossed i'll get back tonight and it'll be okay, but I don't think that'll be the case. I guess I'll be making a couple of phone calls tomorrow... :(

It's a shame, because the screen really is very smart and I'm really impressed with it.