I have this tv for 1 month now
initially the buzzing was very slight
but now it's like there is a transformer next to my ears
anybody having same problem?
any solutions?

btw buzzing is slightly less in progress mode

russ080379

Standard Member
I have exactly the same problem as you, I called qed-uk.com last week to report the fault and they said one of their technicians would call me to arrange a call out which they still havent done, so you've reminded me to chase it up. I'll let you know how i get on.

R

rmsdev

yes i have also contacted qed, and still waiting for their reply

btw, toshiba says its not within their perfomance specifications....

so hopefully we our tvs will be replaced

do you know if i can choose to upgrade to a 32 inch now if they decide to replace the tv?

R

rmsdev

hi
did you also have to give your card details to qed so that they will book the engineers to visit?
I think this is very unethical....

anyway, let me know what happens...

Devesh

nobackwheel

Standard Member
what happened?

I think my TV is buzzing more and more - and it's still within the 1 year guarantee. Got mine from Robertsons.

i have exactly the same problem, bought last year from robertsons, first of all it was a slight buzz, now its terrible almost unlistenable as its above the sound of the speakers... have you noticed the noise changes when its changed to progressive scan, at 100hz its the worse... im still under 1 year warrenty... what can i do?

nobackwheel

Standard Member
I don't think mine's that bad, it's still annoying though. I'd like to know what an official Toshiba person would say about the noise though - is it just a standard feature of that model?

I only really use 100Hz, so haven't noticed a difference between that and prog. scan.

well give it a go, just stick your head next to the back of the set and flick between 100hz and progressive scan theres a definate change... iv emailed robertsons to see if theyve had this problem before and what can be done about it... its really annoying buzzing noise, i tried to watch underworld last night but in the quitish parts all i could hear was that, and once i was thinking about hearing it the film was ruined...

i will report back with what robertsons say i think you should email them as well if your not wholey satisfied with the product... iv never had a tv which buzzes before, or if it does its been sound proofed well, maybe its becuase theres so many holes in the back of the set???

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom