Buzzing Noises

TerryUK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Strange problem, it first started with the Xbox, there was a loud buzzing noise coming from the PSU, I have had a RMA and now waiting for a new one. Then my computer's power supply started buzzing, currently waiting for an RMA. Today I noticed there is a buzzing noise from the PS3 and it sounds like it's near where the power socket goes in. Could something be wrong with my house electrics or could it just be that I'm unlucky to have 3 items go wrong on me?

All items in the house are surge protected and not really had any thunderstorms. Also we had a whole house electrical safety check a few months ago and it passed with flying colours.

Any Ideas?

Different sockets, same ringmain.

Yup it was the full thing, the guy was also really in depth, took 2 and a half days to complete in a 5 bed house!

What's also odd is it seems to only happen once the device has been on for a while which makes me think it has to be a fault with the device itself, but 3 devices go wrong with all similar symptoms in less than a week, just seems weird. We haven't changed anything, the inspection was done a few months ago.

I assume you have ground in your wiring?
Could it be some sort of ground loop hum? Don't ask me to explain it, i don't understand :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom