Buzzing Hitachi

B

Bluenosebert

Hi Everyone. Just Purchased a 42pd5200e
And Having same Buzzing Probs from Screen.
screen is only week old. Do I get screen swapped or go for another plasma? Is their any body out there with the same probs?
Rob

Ignore it m8, you will get used to it. I've got the 42PD5300, it also buzz's slightly. All plasma's i've listened too make some kind of noise. IMO anyone who says their plasma is silent is talking rubbish. Go down to your local comet store and put your ear upto all of them. The sony's I listened too where worse!

there are some worse than others - and it is a known fault. call the dealer and they will give you hitachi's no. call them and they will arrange for someone to check it and upgrade the transformer thingy. Im in the same position, awaiting delivery from hit of the transformer

How bad is the buzzing? Can you hear it from your seating position with the sound turned on?

I could on my 42PD3000 and, after two transformer changes and a letter to Hitachi, I'm getting it replaced with a 5300 which, I hope, should be better.

John

johndon said:
How bad is the buzzing? Can you hear it from your seating position with the sound turned on?

I could on my 42PD3000 and, after two transformer changes and a letter to Hitachi, I'm getting it replaced with a 5200 which, I hope, should be better.

John

U still waiting then?

I have had the 42" 5200 (sent it back as it was too big for our needs) which was replaced yesterday with the 37" version. Neither suffered from buzzing, or at least, none I have heard yet but will now be checking :s

Thanks for your reply its one of them will i get used to buzzing
or not. Problem is for £3000 u expect Quality

thesicilian said:
Ignore it m8, you will get used to it. I've got the 42PD5300, it also buzz's slightly. All plasma's i've listened too make some kind of noise. IMO anyone who says their plasma is silent is talking rubbish. Go down to your local comet store and put your ear upto all of them. The sony's I listened too where worse!

Thanks 4 your reply. Problem is me being an engineer im a fussy sod
and clock every inperfection.

siy said:
there are some worse than others - and it is a known fault. call the dealer and they will give you hitachi's no. call them and they will arrange for someone to check it and upgrade the transformer thingy. Im in the same position, awaiting delivery from hit of the transformer

Thanks 4 reply do u have 42pd5200?
Im 9ft away when speakers r turned down u can hear it.
so late at nite or early morning with low volume
its bugging me. Do I go 4 swap? Plasma now 1 week old
Thanks

I had my 5300 swapped when I bought it a couple of months ago. The replacement buzzed the same. A friend of mine purchased the exact model, I fitted it to the wall for him. His one also buzzed the same. TBH his low voltage lights buzzed louder than his plasma! LOL

Mind you all this talk about buzzing is making me notice mine buzzing again :(

Transformers are wire wound around laminated strips of metal.
The metal strips are bound together with resin, when the resin
has not been applied properly the strips are loosely held together.
The varying magnetic field then vibrates the strips together causing
a buzzing sound. This is either a design fault or a production fault
in the transformer. It will only get worse as the vibration will cause
more of the resin to fail. Return it at once.

The only people buying Plasmas are going to be engineers, enthusiasts
& Hi-Fi geeks. Why should we accept anything less than perfect when we pay £2000+ .
Would you accept delivery of a new BMW with faulty paintwork......I think not.

Hitachi say that the transformer used in the 5300 is heavy duty & designed to be left on for long periods of time, hence why it buzz's.

Really dont know what to do for the best as the screen has been replaced once already. Like I said earlier my friends one is exactelly the same. Could it just be the characteristics of the transformer?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom