1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buzzing from Toshiba 32ZH46

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ajfoggy, Apr 18, 2005.

1. ajfoggy

ajfoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    HI,

I just got my Toshiba 32ZH46 from Empire Direct. When delivered the box was damaged on the bottom corner anyway signed for it because it didn't look that bad. They also forgot the stand, that will turn up in two days, or not!

Anyway, the buzzing is quite load but can't hear it all the time. The question is, is this normal?? Or has it been damaged??

Anyway got the same TV with buzzing???????

2. ajfoggy

ajfoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Anyone, please.

3. harmunt

harmunt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Toshiba 32Z44 which buzzes. Quite loud IMO, but the missus claims it's just me being fussy. I had three which were all the same. However, I'm quite happy to sit it out and wait until a decent HD plasma reaches these shores...

4. Tosher

Tosher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The buzzing is most likely to be coming from the scan coils at the centre rear of the set and this is quite normal. It does tend to be more noticeable on 100hz sets - I guess our ears are better at hearing that frequency than 50hz. All sets I've seen with this 'problem' reported have been within reasonable limits. I suppose it's one of those things that once you get up close and hear it will bother you a bit when you've just shelled out for a shiny new telly.....When viewing from a normal distance you shouldn't notice it at all.
    The switching power supply to the right of the set will also make some noise but this again will only be heard at close quarters.
    Happy viewing!