Buzzing from Toshiba 32"

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Burt, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Burt

Burt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32" Toshiba 32zd26 whic has started buzzing since I moved house - my new house has dimmers on the lights, which I suspect may be causing interference - is this likely to be the case or could it be something else? - If it is interference is there anything I can use to block it - I ws thinking of Ferric rings??

2. sbass1

sbass1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a 28zd26p which i purchased a month ago and it buzzes too.Have had it looked at by local toshiba repair centre and they said that the "scan coils" are buzzing , but that toshiba said that they are "in spec".He also said that a wooden floor will "accentuate the resonance of the coils", which i have , but how true this is i dont know?The buzzing is more noticeable at low volume and late at night when there is less background noise.It looks great and has a great picture, but with any luck it might blow itself up before the warranty runs out!