1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buzzing from DM602?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bundy, Sep 15, 2005.

1. bundy

bundy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at buying some speakers and an amp for about £500, and today I went and demoed the B&W DM602's plugged into a rotel ra-01 at my nearby hifi shop. I was pretty dismayed when I put in 'Protection' by Massive Attack to be greeted by a clear buzzing sound from each speaker on the opening bass notes as if something was loose on the speakers - definitely physical and not electronic, and nothing to do with distortion. Can anyone confirm/deny/explain this? Maybe the shop's set had been abused? I would expect much more from 'proper' speakers!

Also, any recommendations for similar kit to try out for the same sort of price? I am already looking to try out a NAD 320BEE. I am looking for pretty decent bass extension, but I am planning to add a sub later. The only hifi kit I own at the moment is a pair of Grado SR80s, and I like their overall 'sound', although some more detail and smoother treble would be nice... so now I'm after some speakers to live up to the grados :)

Sorry for the long post..