Question Buzz with UK NAD Amp / voltage converter

ivxx

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

I have a 240 volt NAD C316BEE V2 amplifier that I brought with me when I moved to the US. I bought a 500 watt Litefuze voltage converter (the amp is 40 w per channel so 500w is ample) in order make it work here. However, I find I'm getting a buzz / hum and I think the voltage converter is to blame.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Any thoughts on how to mitigate, short of buying a new amp?

Thanks!

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Is the hum coming through the speakers or from one of the units? The distinction is critical. Also it is a buzz or a hum (or both)? Here too the distinction is critical.

If it's a hum (not a buzz), coming through the speakers (not from a unit), it is likely a ground loop. The Litefuze are fully grounded, so if the Litefuze and all 110V devices are using the same socket, it ought to work without a ground loop. Is there a cable TV device connected to any of the system.

If the hum or buzz is coming from a unit, get the unit serviced. If it's a buzz through the speakers, start by listing every piece of connected equipment and eliminating everything PC/Mac-like from the system.

Last edited:

ivxx

Novice Member
Thank you very much, Mark. I will check this tonight when I get home and try what you prescribed depending on where it's coming from. Will report back. Appreciate your answer!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom