Buzz no more Pioneer 435 FDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Penfolduk, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Penfolduk

Penfolduk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found a fix for the buzzing noise coming from my FDE. Im on my second FDE and am considering a third because of the incessant noise emanating from the front of the screen. You actually have to be sat in front if you are stood above the screen or to the side you cant hear the noise, the noise is similar to being stood underneath electricity pylons.
    I have stumbled across a setting in the menu which has stopped the buzz. The setting is under picture - pro adjust - pure cinema. The default setting is advanced, if switched to standard or off the buzz is gone. :) :thumbsup: :clap:

What this means i am not sure.

In the manual it states for the advanced setting - Produces smooth and quality moving images by converting to 72Hz when displaying DVD images at 24fps

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

2. Cougar2

Cougar2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Penfolduk

I think you have cracked it. :thumbsup: The buzzing sound from my 505XDE has been gradually getting more and more on my nerves. I couldn't believe such a noise could exist in a display which is supposed to be coupled with audio perfection to go with the visual.

I have had exactly the same experience as yourself but couldn't understand why I didn't hear the buzzing when I first set it up, but i thought this might be because I was sitting off to the side where you don't hear it.

Your solution instantly removed the buzzing that I could hear and now I can finally hear the fan noise from the media player that everyone has been mentioning, bliss. :D Ok maybe not audio perfection but at least a little volume drowns that out.

I'm amazed Pioneer haven't mentioned this along with the literature for the noise filter , which didn't appear to do anything for my screen.

3. fella

fella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the pure cinema advanced mode was my screen buzzed loud.
    In standard or off mode it buzzed annoying loud.
    After a ISF callibration it almost disapeared.(lucky me)
    Its great that you did find a solution to stop the buzz,but most of us here aren't that lucky.It's really a downside of this screen,same as the channel skip bug.

4. jaguar

jaguar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not all Pios buzz. Mine does not whatever setting I use.
    This channel skip bug seems to be limited to The Netherlands only.

5. fella

fella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jaquar

My panel is from september and the reciever is too.Believe the bug is fixed on the latest panels.Not only a problem in the Netherlands.Forums in Germany report the same bug.Had a software update and its fine now.

6. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Does anybody have or have access to the xde software update? If so, can you post it or send via PM or email?

Greatly appreciated.

7. jaguar

jaguar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Fella,

How to get this software update? Mine is still suffering.

8. fella

fella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey

Just contact your dealer,and Pioneer will update your receiver or replace it.