Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Buzz from 32PF9976 version 2.2! What to do?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by pisfin, Feb 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help me please!!

I've just received a 32PF9976 today, and I checked the servicemenu right away. It said TX21EU-2,2_07771, so I thought that I was saved. But when I turned the contrast below 97, the TV started to buzz right away. I thought, that this problem only appeared on TVs with firmware version 1.3. So what should I do? Shall I get a new TV and hope that it doesn't buzz or can I get upgraded, so the buzzing stops? Has anybody any experiences with this? Please help me, so I can enjoy my new TV.

2. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I've got one with no discernable sound and mines a 2.2 as well, so contact the shop and ask for an exchange. It's a shame about the few niggles some people are getting because it is an outstanding picture, but if your paying 1.5-2k for a tv then I would not accept an audible buzz.

3. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So yours TV is just as quiet when the contrast is under 97 compared to when it's over 97???

4. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    They all make a little more noise as the Contrast comes off the top settings. I count mine as a quiet one, but I can hear the buzz. It's just that it's quiet enough not to bother me.

Jimmy

5. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so I have to accept the buzz?? I can hear it on quiet scenes and when I turn the volume off. Can't you get a 9976/9986, where there isn't a buzz when then contrast is under 97? Because mine is completely quiet, when the contrast is 97 or over.

6. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I would say that even the quietest ones make a little noise. But then again, I think most televisions make soime noise. CRT's rattle and buzz, lots of other LCD's have fans running and most backlights will be heard to some extent. However, there are definitely 9986's and 9976's out there that are too buzzy.

If you can't enjoy the TV because the buzz is driving you nuts then get it exchanged. You do not have to accept it.

Jimmy

7. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah well, I can hear it sometimes, when I watch ordinary TV, so I think, I will try and go down to the shop, and see if I can find one, that is more silent. It also seems to change in volume when I change the contrast. I would like to know from others, who own a Philips LCD they consider as silent, if there are some increase in the buzzing when your contrast goes down below 97. That would be very helpful, so I know, what I can expect.

I also have another question. When I go into my TextTv, the contrast seems to go up to a very high point. Has anybody else noticed this?

8. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And I just noticed that the buzzing stops, when I go into the TextTV????? Hmmm.

9. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Contrast on the Text TV is full chat! That is why it goes quiet. As I have said, I think every single 9986 and 9976 out there will output more noise as the Contrast bumps down from 100. This is because the backlight control electronics start to work to reduce backlight levels down to the minimum at 63. The tone of the buzz also changes slightly as you go down the scale.

Forget what others sets do....if your annoys you, bung it back. Nobodys sets are completely quiet, just that some are quieter than others....It's up to you.

jimmy

10. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thanks, Jimsan. I will try and take the TV to the shop tomorrow or Tuesday. I hope, that I can get a permission to listen to the new TV before I take with me home.

11. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If you can get to listen to it first then that's ideal! It maybe a guddle at the shop, but will save you a lot of potential bother....

Jimmy

12. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I contacted Philips this morning, and the guy said, that the TV wasn't suppose to buzz that much, when the contrast is under 97. So now it's back to the shop, and they said, that I could listen to the new TV before I took it with me home. So I hope I will have better luck with the next one.