Buzz Free TV?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jedi55, Jun 17, 2004.

1. jedi55

jedi55
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    I'm hoping to buy a 28 widescreen tv soon. My current tv is a 32 inch Sony KV32FX68U and I hate it!

I pulled a muscle moving it upstairs with my sister, then when I turned it on, it sounded like a wasp was trapped inside. 70kg is too heavy for a tv, could someone please recommend a good 28 inch, 100hz tv that absolutely does not buzz.

Many Thanks

2. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    Why dont u just get a Sony engineer out to fix the problem. Its a well known issue and can be repaired.

I had to shift the my TV up 2 flights of stairs when i moved into my flat. They are heavy but they are fantastic TV.

Dal

3. jedi55

jedi55
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    One word "Currys". They say its a design flaw not a mechanical fault. Besides, thanks to that TV, I was walking funny for a week.

4. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    Forget Currys mate, the guy who sold you the TV proberly couldnt even tell u how to turn it on or even know have many RGB scart inputs it has.

The amount of times i have been into a shop like Currys for advice and the person i have spoken too dont know :censored:

There is a fault with them, my mate had his one fixed free of charge. A Sony guy will come to your house and do the repair there and then.

Also u gotta do is give the Sony repair center a call.

Simple.

Dal

5. Catch22

Catch22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dal is right,

Curry's staff know a little about a lot, but not alot about much, now that is not ment as a slight to them, it's just that they carry so much gear.

I'm on day 15 of a brand new KV28FX68U,and loving it, and it is as quite as a church mouse, and thats how it is ment to be. Call out an Sony engineer, he'll sort it, you will not be disappointed with the TV, I'm sure.

I have a PC, is a self build job, with three 17" monitors, two of the monitors are second hand Dell 17" Triniton's. And like this new Sony TV they give crisp clear graphics, plus they are silent.

Read the review for your model on this website, no mention of buzzing, merely described as 5 Star and Brilliant. But there again, if you prefer to put your trust in a Curry's know nowt, go ahead. :nono:

6. jedi55

jedi55
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, I'll give the Sony repair center a go. I knew from reading this forum that, "design flaw" was just an excuse. Some staff can be very helpful, but they are always swamped by customers because they are so very helpful.

7. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    I spent ages looking for a new TV for under a grand and without a doubt my Sony blew everyone away.

I think you should of got a service card with your TV it will have all the contact details on there.

Let us know how you get on.

Dal

8. huwg

huwg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I've got the KV8FX68 and there is a slight buzz coming from the top left hand side of the back of the set (when viewed from the front). This is only really audiable from the settee during quiet passages (eg 2001:a space odyssey) but can be heard if I get close to the unit.

Is this normal? - Comet engineer says it is.

9. Catch22

Catch22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well mine does'nt so obviously not, and I doubt Sony designed a TV that you could here it emitting a "buzzing" sound whilst sat on the settee, and deemed it within acceptable operating parameters. That said a TV is made up of many componets, so everything does not always pan out the way things are intended to do.

Two ways to go if Currys wont play ball, tell Currys that you reject the TV under the sale of goods act, as you deemed it unfit for the purpose for which it was purchased. If they do not accept your valid argument, threaten to report them to Trading Standards. Or contact Sony direct and explain that you are getting nowhere with their stockist, and ask that they resolve you complaint to your satisfaction. But remember you will kill more flies with Jam than you will with Vinegar [Be firm, show them you mean business, but at all times be polite]

10. Tony_Anon

Tony_Anon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32" Sony FQ70U and it's starting to buzz. It was a replacement for a Panasonic 32" PB50C which also buzzed (had other probs as well.)!

I have the instruction manual but don't recall a service/manufacturer's guarantee card coming with it.
    In fact, Dixons took the Panasonic TV away in the Sony box so I don't have a box now to put it in if I want to send it off for repair/replace.

I've noticed a chip on the front left side where the plastic frame meets the screen. I never noticed it before. Although, I used the remote control to setup the channels, according to the manual, I should have seen the first menu screen that appears after switch-on. I never saw that menu screen which suggests it had been switched on before.

I think it's possible from the serial number to find out when the set was made if I call Sony or a local agent. I might have to give them a call if the buzzing gets worse. I think I've been fobbed off with a 2nd hand set.

11. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    Hi Mate,

You should be presented with the setup screen when you first switch it on for example asking you country name, etc etc.

If there is a mark on the TV then send it back.

If its buzzing then send it back, could be the reason why is it was sent back in the first place.

Thing is your gonna get a bit of buzz from the back, but if you can here it over the sound of the Tv then its faulty.

do a search on the web and find your local sony dealer. they will come round and fix the problem with you.

Like i said my mate bought one (as he liked mine so much) hes one was buzzing. One call to Sony and its quiet like mine.

Dont put up with a set your not happy with. These TV's are not cheap so make sure you get your moneys worth.

Dal

12. Tony_Anon

Tony_Anon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanx for your reply. I'll get in touch with Dixons who sold me the set.
    Better to call them and get it replaced before calling local Sony agent?

I was never asked what country name etc. Went straight to setup channels which I did. I should've noticed the chip before back in February when I got it.

I'm starting to hear the buzz over the sound of the TV more during Euro 2004!