Buyritedvd Bargains

lazarus

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.buyritedvd.com

Found this site and thought i'd let you all know what ive ordered.

Lost In Translation (Widescreen) $16.00
Matchstick Men (Widescreen) $16.00
Runaway Jury (Widescreen) $16.00
Seabiscuit (Wide) $14.00
Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star (Ws) $16.00
S.W.A.T. (Special Edition Widescreen) $16.00
Under the Tuscan Sun (Widescreen) $16.00

shipping was $10 so that makes the total $120

thats 7 dvd's for £65.96 or about £9.40 each

two problems though -

1) i havnt seen this site mention here before so i'm heading into uncharted territory.

2) there is a minimum order of $100 so there is the customs issue to think of :mad:

Let us know how you get on with the order. When it arrives, quality of the discs etc etc

Cheers

aye - will do.

ive also emailed them with a cheeky question....

ive asked if its possible for them to say the value of the dvds are $20 so i dont get stung by customs

naughty me

;)

on 7 DVD's :laugh:

You'll be very lucky....let us know what they say, could be good.

Well - bad news folks

just got this email from them:

I am contacting you to let you know that your issuing bank does not verify name and address or ownership of their cardholders. I will need to ask you to either scan and email a clear copy, front and back of your card. If you do not have scanning capabilities, you can fax it to ***-**-*** with what ever international code you would use before calling an international number from Great Britain. Please reply asap to expedite your order.
>
>Thank you for shopping at Buyrite dvd.
>
>***** *******, Billing Clerk
>Buyrite dvd

ive replied saying that if my order cant be processed through normal means then i want to cancel as it sounds very dodgy to me.

:mad:

one to avoid then

:thumbsdow

This doesnt mean the company is not any good!!!
Many companies in the states and the rest of the world do this as a security
measure.Unless you have a card from the country you are buying from you will most likely be asked this(use american express)
The company do seem to be a supplier to other resellers though!!!:lesson:

I worked with Gateway Computers for a while and we had problems with this thought of thing.

I would say it's worth talking to your bank to see if they can help as I agree it's sounds very dodgy!

Pity to miss out in these bargains.

Well, well well

i had all but given up hope of getting those films.

on the off-chance i mentioned something about www.paypal.com and they emailed back saying that they would accept payment through them and would post the dvd's as soon as payment was received.

so - ive paid for them and am awaiting delivery

:clap:

i must admit all emails from them have been very friendly and they did genuinely seem to be gutted when i wasnt prepared to fax my card to them.

:thumbsup: to them

have just received an email to say the dvds have been shipped

:clap:

Did they say anything regarding the $20 customs declaration request? ;)

It says that it's $10 for shipping to the USA, it seems to be more to the UK...

no - there was no mention of my cheeky request

and shipping to the uk was definately $10.

might take a fortnight or so for the package to reach me but i'll let you all know how i get on.

have got my fingers crossed that i dont get stung by customs

I was just going by what it said on the website, but good for you if you got it cheaper... keep us posted.

Regards,
Iain.

Just to comment on their request for a copy of your card, as has been said this is very common with mail order & internet shopping in the USA...

I also think you are going to get hammered by customs! Hope I'm wrong :(

i bagged myself a real bargain here

the dvd's came this morning (yes - its a sunday!) and i havnt paid any customs charges

:clap: :clap: :clap:

all the dvd's are sealed and have those annoying stickers on the sides and the top and are the 1 disc versions of each film and all of them are widescreen

so to sum up:

its a minimun $100 order and you have to pay through paypal.

wish i'd ordered more now:D

i'd recommend them for the 'recommended retailers' thread but perhaps it would be best to wait until enough of us lot buy from them and tell of our experiences.

all in all - i'm chuffed to bits :thumbsup:

Nice one mate :thumbsup:

Glad it worked out for you (without any extra charges etc.). Don't know if I have the guts to go ahead and order a batch myself yet though...

I think I'll wait for a bit to see if anyone else takes up the offer.

Regards,
Iain.

:D

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are not out of the woods yet in terms of customs charges. As they were delivered on a Sunday I am guessing that it was a courier company rather than Royal Mail that delivered them? That being the case you can still get a huge bill anytime within the next few weeks... If it was Royal Mail though you should be alright :smashin:

was royal mail.

am already debating what to get next:

21 grams - gothika - whale rider - wildflower - radio - open range and 1 or 2 others

decisions, decisions :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom