BuyITultracheap + Lightroom 4

Steve Kelly

Has anyone here used BuyITultracheap website?
They do Lightroom 4, full package version (download) for £60!
I assume they're cheap as it's downloads only, and they don't offer tech support. But they do say that if you're buy from them, your version/licence is supported by the OEM, just as if you bought direct from OEM.
From their FAQ:
Q: Do I get updates and technical support from the manufacturer if I buy from you?
A: Yes, you receive the exact same software updates and support you would receive if you purchased from the manufacture directly.

Q: Does your company guarantee genuine authentic software?
A: BUYITULTRACHEAP.com guarantees 100% authentic software or we will refund you your money, no questions asked. We take issues of pirated software very seriously. We verify the authenticity of all software that is shipped from our warehouses through our Software Authentication Centers.

Now usually I'm very sceptical about this kind of thing, and usually wouldn't touch with barge poles, etc. but it does get most good reviews, on trustpilot etc.

Anyone used them, and would recommend?
If I can get a legit copy of Lightroom for £60, then I reckon I will!

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
The second Q about uopdates is a bit missleading as PS do not do updates they only do paied for upgrades i.e. if you buy LR4 then there will be a charge fro upgrading to LR5 when it comes out - these are typically north of half of the new price (amazon - LR4 new = £92, upgrade = £55). So buying this will only give you LR4 with no automatic free upgrade to any later revisions.

Hope this helps.

Edit - amazon have LR4 + a free camera (looks very cehap and nasty but may be OK fro very young kids to start on) fro £70.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Photo...F8&qid=1366363191&sr=8-8&keywords=lightroom+4

Also remember that if you have a student in the house you can get the student licence for around £55.

Last edited:

Steve Kelly

The second Q about uopdates is a bit missleading as PS do not do updates they only do paied for upgrades i.e. if you buy LR4 then there will be a charge fro upgrading to LR5 when it comes out - these are typically north of half of the new price (amazon - LR4 new = £92, upgrade = £55). So buying this will only give you LR4 with no automatic free upgrade to any later revisions.

assuming you mean the first Q... (the second Q was about authenticity)

didn't I just read somewhere that the latest version is 4.4?
Doesn't this mean that there've been a few updates since the launch of Lightroom? e.g. 4.1, 4.2, etc.

I think this first Q relates to that.
It didn't mislead me, I would expect to get the next full version for free. but would expect to get any sub-version updates for my version.
Same as if bought direct from OEM
It may mislead some though, so I see your point :)

and thanks for the link, that's a good one.
if this ultracheap site wasn't on the radar, I'd go for that!
but if there's nowt wrong with UC site, might as well get it for a tenner cheaper! ... I've yet to be put off! :)

wongataa

I would be slightly suspicious. The website is registered in Belize. There is no OEM version of Lightroom or Photoshop. Personally I would stump up the extra £32 and buy from Amazon.

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
assuming you mean the first Q... (the second Q was about authenticity)

didn't I just read somewhere that the latest version is 4.4?
Doesn't this mean that there've been a few updates since the launch of Lightroom? e.g. 4.1, 4.2, etc.

Yes, that is correct and it's usually a giveaway with these sites selling illegal copies as they'll say you can't get free manufacturer updates because what they're selling are illegal cracked copies.

stefanjan

amazon have LR4 + a free camera (looks very cehap and nasty but may be OK fro very young kids to start on) fro £70.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 (Full Version) Digital camera Bundle Pack (PC/Mac): Amazon.co.uk: Software
Small point, I bought LR4 using that link a while back. Did not receive a camera, not that I wanted one. The customer photo posted shows a camera but the offer doesn't. I don't think sellers have control over the photos customers display.

The box with disks comes with text saying should not be sold separately!

The software registered fine with Adobe on my desktop and laptop.

Very happy with the service and price I got from this supplier on Amazon.

Steve Kelly

Yes, that is correct and it's usually a giveaway with these sites selling illegal copies as they'll say you can't get free manufacturer updates because what they're selling are illegal cracked copies.

ok, and therefore, do you reckon that this particular website is ok... or not?
(dont worry, I won't hold you to it, just wanting opinions!)

Strobe

Looks a bit dodge to me ...
No obvious premises address on the website?
Gives instructions for RMA of boxed goods but, as far as I can see, all products are downloads?
Consumer reviews are p1ss easy to generate.
May well be legit but for the sake of a few quid I wouldn't chance it!

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
ok, and therefore, do you reckon that this particular website is ok... or not?
(dont worry, I won't hold you to it, just wanting opinions!)

On that point, it makes the website appear more genuine as usually on this type of site that's offering illegal copies of the software they'll have something in their FAQ about not being able to get official updates and similar. Their prices are also reasonably sensible again unlike the illegal sites where they're selling Photoshop CS6 for £20 instead of £500 odd.

Personally I wouldn't buy from the site though because I'm a bit suspicious as to how they're selling download copies, I'm sure when I looked into this previously that only Adobe sold the download versions and everywhere had the retail versions only.

John

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom