'buyithere' anyone used them ?? condition???

owen021173

hi, just wondered how many of you have bought ps3's from buyithere.co.uk??

one of my sons birthdays last saturday he got money for his own ps3 so we bought one for him through this company, a 40g @ £169,bargain:clap:

anyway its turned up this morning in a shocking state :thumbsdow i read that these are catologue returns but this has clearly been 'well used'

scratches all over to top casing, no instructions of any kind(not that you need them,but not the point) and obviously the damaged box which was expected.

i would say its more than likely that this has been a faulty but now repaired console rather than just a return.

bit of a pickle as to what to do now as my son was so excited this morning when he got it:confused:

what are the chances,if return it,that i will get a good one ????

any experiences with this company??? be nice to hear from you

thanks

TankTopLover

In my experience if a deal seems too good to be true,it simply is.I got a pm from someone linking me to that site when i made a wanted thread in the trading forums for a ps3,but after much consideration and 1 deal going bad i decided to buy new.

I would return it and spend a bit more and get a brand new one with proper sony warranty.Amazon are doing a great infamous bundle,80 gig ps3 with dualshock controller and infamous game for £279 with free delivery.

_Sion

Novice Member
Lots of people have bought from buytithere. Just look through the best PS3 deals thread to see how many have successfully bought from them. The vast majority of the PS3s they supply are completely un-opened brand new PS3s with slight cosmetic damage to the outer box.

If the PS3 isn't in good condition ring up and complain, under distant selling regulations you can return any item within 7 days of receipt for a full refund.

owen021173

thats what im thinking but my son will be gutted:thumbsdow he's been waiting since saturday for this!

on a plus side, i've had it on forthe last few hours and its extremely quite,quieter than mine !!

i know we 7 days to send it back so were going to give it a good hammering over the next few days to see how it performs.

if all is well with it then we might just put it down to being one of the unlucky ones but with a perfect working console.plus i paid by credit cardso should have some protection on that side of things.

i still think its cheap at £170 but as yousay,'you pays your money,youtake a chance!'

thanks all

Blitzmage

Novice Member
It's worth checking to see how many people brought the 80GB PS3's as they are clearly marked as just box damaged while the 40GB's are customer returns so expected to be used.

I brought a 80GB myself from there which really was a case of the box just being damaged in the corner crumpled slightly.

From what I read the 40GB customer return ones are very much a hit and miss.

The 80GB ones are always perfect so if you can return that for a 80GB one it's well worth knowing you got a actual brand spanking new PS3.

Boson

Banned
I bought an 80gb ps3 for £225 with a damaged box

was very pleased all round, I was told delivery would be 2 weeks but it was only 2 days.

The box just looked as it had been opened, on the inside everything was as new, cables still wrapped up etc.

i would recommend them for buying a damaged box console

12 months warranty too

:smashin:

ham_rye

Novice Member
My experience with the 80GB is exactly the same as Boson.

When ordering the lady on the phone was very helpful so I'd suggest giving them a ring and asking before you decide what to do.

Greendog UK

Novice Member
My experience has been the same of the above 2 posts...

Arrived in 2 days, the unit itself looked untouched (no marks, fingerprints or damage), all leads were still cable tied together.

The only damage was a crumpled corner to the outer packaging.

Good service at a bargain price. :clap:

owen021173

going by this it seems maybe we should have gone for an 80gb but to be honest,he has hammered these couple of days and its doing fine,for now! nice and quite too:thumbsup:
plus my son is only 10 so a new one would probably be as bad in 6 months anyway:rotfl:

ps3mad- you got any decent links to these skins that you recommend mate ??

ps3mad

Banned
going by this it seems maybe we should have gone for an 80gb but to be honest,he has hammered these couple of days and its doing fine,for now! nice and quite too:thumbsup:
plus my son is only 10 so a new one would probably be as bad in 6 months anyway:rotfl:

ps3mad- you got any decent links to these skins that you recommend mate ??

playstation 3 skins

i got mine from there,but ebay is full of them too.They work really well,they have a very shiny surface and are easy to keep clean(no scratches from dusting).you get one for the controller too:thumbsup:

EDIT:sorry link dosen't seem to be working.Just google ps3 skins,there's loads of places selling them!

Last edited:

owen021173

just buy a new 1

the whole point of buying it from 'buyithere' was the fact we couldnt afford to and also refused to spend £300 on one!!!

he originally wanted an xbox 360 but once we weighed up the costs of the console,xbox live and wireless adapter it made sense at £170.luckily he pretty clued up on it and nows how much they are and the fact he would never had got one new.

on top of the fact he had a lazerquest party and then a barbeque party, after all he is only 10!!!

thanks to ps3mad he's seen a few skins for it so all is well, cant believe i didnt think of the skins:suicide:

owen021173

yah mate,thinking about it maybe should have gone for an 80gb as they seem to be the new ones!

but the fact is my lad is so chuffed hes got a ps3 and thats all that matters to me:thumbsup:

thanks and glad you got a good one:D

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I got my 40GB from Buyithere last August.

It arrived in a terrible state, scratches on it, the box when first opened it absolutely stunk like someone had done god knows to the insides.

All in all it was well used.

I then on use after a couple of weeks found it be faulty, the blue-tooth controllers would abruptly and fequently shut off during game play, I bought a brand new Dual Shock 3 controller and the same happened, meaning it was definitely the console causing it.

I telephoned up Sony who were amazing, and after the third call (the first two were they offering advice to try and fix it). They arranged a door step swap for a brand new 40GB console (and I got the CECHJ model too which had literally just been released by Sony then). All I had to do was fax them my receipt (which was just the emailed receipt from buyithere)

Since then I have never looked back. The CECHJ console I got runs much! cooler than that CECHH I got from Buyithere.

The consoles are sold as brand new by Buyithere, so as long as the console has not been registered by someone already then you are secure with the Sonys 12 month warranty.

Try registering the console under your name online to be sure.

owen021173

I got my 40GB from Buyithere last August.

It arrived in a terrible state, scratches on it, the box when first opened it absolutely stunk like someone had done god knows to the insides.

All in all it was well used.

I then on use after a couple of weeks found it be faulty, the blue-tooth controllers would abruptly and fequently shut off during game play, I bought a brand new Dual Shock 3 controller and the same happened, meaning it was definitely the console causing it.

I telephoned up Sony who were amazing, and after the third call (the first two were they offering advice to try and fix it). They arranged a door step swap for a brand new 40GB console (and I got the CECHJ model too which had literally just been released by Sony then). All I had to do was fax them my receipt (which was just the emailed receipt from buyithere)

Since then I have never looked back. The CECHJ console I got runs much! cooler than that CECHH I got from Buyithere.

The consoles are sold as brand new by Buyithere, so as long as the console has not been registered by someone already then you are secure with the Sonys 12 month warranty.

Try registering the console under your name online to be sure.

hi mate, that good news on your part:thumbsup: very handy to know if it goes t**s up.

this maybe a stupid question,but when you say register it,do you mean as you would set up your psn user or is it something else i may have missed??

i say this as i have 2 ps3's and afaik i may not have registered these!

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member

TheLynxCan

Standard Member
A lot of people have had nothing but praise for buyitnow. I on the other hand got taken for a ride. I ordered an 80 gig console and was told it would arrive in 3-5 days. Brilliant I thought. After 7 days of waiting it turns out they didn't even have any in stock but they still took my money anyway and were expecting me to wait one month plus for more stock to come in.

Then I had the painstaking process of trying to get my money back!

I guess I was one of the unlucky ones. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Philips announces 806, 856 and 706 OLED TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Falcon Acoustics launches Q7 speaker kit
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Polk launches React soundbar with Alexa
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett