Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Buying Z4 in Canada or USA

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by citrac, Oct 29, 2005.

1. citrac

citrac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will i hope be visiting Toronto in a few weeks. If I buy a sanyo z4 there, will it work in terms of mains voltage, pal , resolutions and stuff that i don't understand anything about. Also will it be much cheaper, and what will I need to pay to import. will the 3 year guarantee exist and be honored. A
    any advice welcome, i fear i am overthinking my decision on projector, and am now fed up and desperate to have one. i feel forum members comments on z4 convince me it will be fantastic. thanks :confused:

2. wyrdness

wyrdness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    It should be identical to the UK model. I looked into this as I visited Toronto recently. They're dual voltage so you'll only have to change the plug.

I doubt very much that it will be cheaper over there though. I'd even guess that it might be more expensive, especially with Canadian taxes.

3. citrac

citrac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for quick. What about in US. I could at a push go to buffalo N.Y. i thnk lots of canadians drive there to take advatage of cheaper us prices?

4. wyrdness

wyrdness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm not sure about US prices, as we didn't go to Buffalo. I think that they're cheaper than Canada. Canadian prices don't include taxes, so the price you see isn't the price you pay. We bought some shampoo and got charged two different taxes on it at the checkout. I've no idea why two taxes. Everything has sales tax added. I'm not sure what the other one was.

5. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think you might be better asking for advice on avsforums about this but i know my friend in WA bought his machine from Visual Apex and is happy with them. There is a $600 price difference on the Z3 and Z4 with them. Read ROnes Z4 thread as Ive just asked him if the Z4 is worth spending extra on to upgrade; if not you might get a good deal on a z3. When buying abroad it helps to have a wider choice than one specific model. If you can sort out a mail order delivery address all the better.

I got my z3 in japan, i cut the lead and fitted a UK plug. It was that simple and i followed advice from Sanyo UK on this, so you should have no problems on that score as far as i know.