• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

buying wii games

flexo

hi
was on my little brother wii and was looking at buying some games from store and was wondering does their store work similar to the ps3 store where you register and what ever you buy is kept on your account and you can download it on a different console or is it what ever you buy is locked to that wii console

Moogle

Distinguished Member
hi
was on my little brother wii and was looking at buying some games from store and was wondering does their store work similar to the ps3 store where you register and what ever you buy is kept on your account and you can download it on a different console or is it what ever you buy is locked to that wii console

What ever premium content you download on the Wii, whether it be virtual console or Wii Ware games, it will be tied to that console and cannot be transferred to another one.

flexo

so this mean that i dont have to register at all and can just use my points voucher and buy what i want

Moogle

Distinguished Member
so this mean that i dont have to register at all and can just use my points voucher and buy what i want

There are no profiles on the system as such although there are individual Mii's if that is what you mean. You just use Wii Points to buy what you want and download it. Anyone who has access to the console can play the games that have been downloaded.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom