Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Buying Van-damme cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jethro, Oct 10, 2003.

1. jethro

jethro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy some bulk van damme microphone cable to make some balanced audio interconnects. The problem is that I live in Canada. I tried the e-mail address on the van damme web-site in an attempt to locate Canadian dealers however my e-mail was bounced. Does anybody have a working e-mail address for van damme (or the name of a Canadian dealer) ? The address I tried previously was sales@van-damme.com.

Thank you.

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I'd imagine they must have a North American distributor. I'll go hunt around for you.:smashin:

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I cannae seem to find anything for other than the UK.

How odd.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

It may be worth contacting VDC Trading as they do huge amounts of the stuff.

4. jethro

jethro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was kind of surprised as well since Bryston (Canadian company) uses van damme wire for their interconnects. I'll approach Bryston to see what they will do. I was hoping to get van damme cable because I already have some unbalanced interconnects from Bryston that I find work well. Buying pre-made balanced interconnects is kind of expensive from Bryston - the parts aren't that expensive but the labour and testing probably adds most of the cost to a cable. I saw the VCD Trading, but I was hoping to avoid the whole customs, duty, etc headaches.

Thanks for trying.