Buying US Spec 300D/Rebel......

Johndm

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Off to California for holiday in a few weeks, and due to the weakening dollar, a Canon 300D/Rebel is looking eversooo cheep!!!!!

Does anyone know if there are any probs buying a US spec model, for example, is the charger universal voltage etc?

Plan to pick one up early during my visit (along with accessories), so I can post receipts home and lose the packaging, so as not to get stung for duties coming home, but guess the warrenty will be void outside the US anyway?

I would phone and ask Canon UK but bare in mind they will be biased... I think that Canon do worldwide warranties but I would check it first. Good luck and tell us how you get on. Don't forget the compact flash card...

Why not look at the Nikon D70 - much better bulid quality than the Canon and early reports suggest better performance too.

That's a very controversial statement witters! ;)

One of the longest running arguments in photography circles is the Canon vs Nikon. Never will be resolved either....

lol

If you don't mind being locked into Sigma lenses, (a lot of which are excellent) you should have a look at the SD10, which IMHO blows the 300D out of the water PQ wise. Haven't printed any shots from the D70 yet, so i can't really say.

I'm a cheap git though so i'm trying to save up for an SD9 (older model) before they disappear.

I keep forgetting just how 'cut back' the 300D is. I have an Eos 30 which is a serious piece of gear, the 10D is more or less its digital equivalent. Having re-read the spec its a bit of a shame how much they have hobbled the 300d. Still its a canon dslr and that means it takes Canon USM lenses which are fantastic.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom