1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying the ms 309 instead of a package

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by gil2, May 15, 2005.

1. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whats yer thoughts guys good idea or not

i have been having a nightmare trying to decide on a speaker package for movies alone NOT music , looks are a big part ...wifey factor

so til now i have been pressing my existing Misssion M73`s into front duty and RCF studio monitor speakers into rear duty , but the 73`s arnt realy positioned properly and the RCF`s are not exactly diminative ...hence the need for a decent cheap package that looks good to the wife

but i`m thinking theres always a compromise with packages , so why not leave things as they are and she`l have to get used to the RCF`s and just buy the MS 309 from Richer Sounds , then maybe when pigs fly sort out some column speakers in the future

so for now just buy the 309 instead of a package

good idea or dont be stupid get ????? package its a good sub and sats for movies

ps
    i`m off to work this morn for a few hours but when i come back RS are open today so i`m itchen to get down there , any advice this morn would be great , i`l have a look at any replys and advice when i get back

cheers guys

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,356
    I have the MS309 but the rest of my speakers are Tannoy, don't have any problems there.

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
  4. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys got any good prices i can hit richer sounds price promise with ?

5. flipfella

flipfella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Buy it from Forum Advertiser http://www.petertyson.co.uk/

I got mine from them, fantastic service and sub, £215.90 with free sub lead and delevery

fliP.

6. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: i did it , i bought the 309 , the Mrs fell through the floor :eek: coz i spent my budget on 1 speaker :thumbsup:

having had a read around its gona take some time to intergrate the 309 with my Mission M73 floor standers , but i am so impressed with it thus far , add to that the fact that my Mrs like bass all the time :nono: and i like it to be subtle :cool: its gona be fun

out of interest does any body know the crossover frequency of the M73`s so that i can intergrate with the 309 easier , i have the Yam rxv450 amp and it has frequency control so any advice would be great

the other dials and settings are for future tinkering .....man i`m looking forward to getting my teeth into this one :thumbsup:

7. Mroizouk

Mroizouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  8. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers m8

hahah , i`m like a kid in a candy shop with this sub , theres so much to mess with to get things just so......

armed with a little knowledge and a lot of enthusiasm ( dangerous ) i`m heading off to my lounge where sound tests are about to start ( now the yins r in bed )

cheers guys :)

9. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    hello again gil2!
    i recently got my first sub, your one's little brother (308) and it is awesome! really really good, i think you owe it to me to swap mine with yours. :)

10. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    chedmaster my friend seeing as u have been so helpful in the past i`m willing to let u come round and have a listen to the sublime 309 , i kept my mission M73`s as front and the RCF`s as rear support , i am so glad i did , jeez does this lot rock , sorting out the sub setup now , got some test tones ready to be burnt to cd as well , the Mrs wernt too impressed with the amount a single speaker can cost , but she`s coming around :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :hiya: :smashin: :devil:

11. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I had the 309 as my second sub and found it a very capable performer and the notch filter helped me with a nasty spike at 56hz :smashin: Its a good choice for a first sub :D

Dont forget to place the sub in your listening positin and then plut something very bassy (test tone on repeat) then walk arround the room to find pout where the bass sounds best and then that is the best place to put the sub. Also a decent sub cable and an upgraded power cable can make a difference.

Have fun with it :thumbsup: