1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying that first camera!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by aimprod, Jan 19, 2003.

1. aimprod

aimprod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My good lady wife is just about to buy her first camcorder to use for her college project. It seems her tutor thinks there maybe a chance that the it being broadcast if it works out.
    Sooo.... the questions are as far as image quality goes how huge is the jump from say the JVC DV 160 to maybe a £1000 model. We don't think we need any bells and whistles but would be grateful of any advice on things we should have.
    I intend to edit on Vegas video which I believe is near enough of pro level, do I really need the Dv in feature on the camers to make use of this?
    I spent 15 years art directing Tv & feature film so I'm hoping I have eye enough behing the camera to get it looking OK, but know very little of the techical features of the camera's and the only advice I could get from a camera man was to buy a Cannon that was around £1500, which I'm very wary of in case I'm useless at it!:confused: