1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying SVS: shipping, import duty, BAX charge Q's..

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by nathan_silly, Oct 3, 2003.

1. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just looking at the subs now-

CS-Ultra -$899
    SVS BIB- $160
    Shipping- $150?
    That's $1209
    Make that £724

VAT- 17.5%
    Import Duty- 4%
    I make that £883
    BAX Surcharge- £??

Correct? How do I pay VAT, BAX surcharge? I read that you pay the driver or something?- how do you pay for that, has he got a credit card swiper or something?

Ta

2. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    The driver takes Cheque On Delivery.

The local BAX office will phone you with the amount you owe - you just make out a cheque for that amount and hand it to the driver. Or, if the useless t*t doesn't contact you before delivery (like I told the office twice to tell the driver) and just leaves the sub on your doorstep :eek:, then you can post the cheque to them.

Once you know from the tracking system that the sub has arrived, phone your local BAX office, as otherwise they may be waiting on your VAT number (that you don't have) or something to complete the paperwork. Once you explain to them that it's just a personal import then they will arrange delivery. Be aware that any special instructions for delivery may either not be passed on, or not understood by the driver.

Cheers,
    Liam

3. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Nathan
    Like liam says when you find out that the sub as landed ring bax and ask about delivery time you can then pay all charges with your debit card or credit card over the phone.
    Cheers Gonzo.

4. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Might be different for different offices, as the Newcastle one didn't mention credit card payment (tho' I didn't ask).

Check on www.baxglobal.com for your local office Nathan, and give them a ring. Other than the driver incident, they were very efficient and called me back when they said they would.

Cheers,
    Liam