1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying refurbished cameras

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Molgroover, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Molgroover

Molgroover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I'm thinking of bidding for a refurbished DV cam on ebay, through the Canon outlet. Has anyone here purchased refurbished items, are they as advertised most of the time? It says it comes with all the bits, box and 1 year warenty.
    Thanks

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a canon powershot s40 refurbished which hasn't given me any problems.

If anything I'd say a refurbished model is likely to be more reliablke than a new model, certain models of camera etc have known issues that may come up, refurbished items have usually developed this known problem and had it rectified, and you get a years guarantee to boot (if you buy through a retialer you can often extend this). A brand new boxed item may or may not develop the problem, possibly a week outside the warranty, and you can usually save a few bucks as well.

3. Molgroover

Molgroover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Roy.