Buying Projectors online

S

stauDLP

As you can imagine from my previous posts, I will resist max. 3-4 month. I have to change my orrible 800x600 LCD projectors.

The questoin is: if i buy it online, how can I be sure that they send me a brand new PJ with zero hours and not the one they used for everyday demos?
:lease:

If you buy it from a shop and it's used i think that would be very bad, you might even be able to sue them. At very least you can return it under the distance selling laws.

stauDLP said:
As you can imagine from my previous posts, I will resist max. 3-4 month. I have to change my orrible 800x600 LCD projectors.

The questoin is: if i buy it online, how can I be sure that they send me a brand new PJ with zero hours and not the one they used for everyday demos?
:lease:

As with any online purchase, it's a case of using a "trustworthy" site that looks like it's been established for a while and gets good feedback from previous customers. These sorts of companies cherish their good reputation and will not risk it by passing off ex demo equipment for new...PJ

A good place to start is with those companies that advertise, and post on these forums.

I, like many on here bought mine over a year ago from Ivojo. The service and goods supplied were second to none, pixel checked and sparkling new.

Highly recommended, as I'm sure other advertisers.

stauDLP said:
It'd be a breach of the Sale of Goods Act, simple as that, your local friendly Trading Standards department would probably be your first port of call if you didn't get satisfaction from the store.

I would not want one with zero hours, especially if I paid for a dead pixel/panel check up front too.

Cap :)

hmm not a good 10 mins for me :(

nexnix - no finance
discounttv - dont have PJ i wanted
ivojo - guy i need to speak to is busy so left my mumber
pixmania - can purchase in 12 months but probably wont get pixel check or the customer service as i would get from ivojo. seems if ivojo is a no go then im stuck with them. plus its more exspensive at pixmania

Bauer what projector are you interested in, and are you looking to do this on finance?

Bauerctu, dont consider yourself stuck with ivojo.

They are a great reputable, knowledgable company who support the forums.

Cap :)

Thanks all for the kind comments. BauerCTU, if you haven't yet heard back from Darren (our credit chap) then PM me with your contact details and what projector you are interested in and I'll take care of it.

im looking at the Hitachi TX100. ken ive actually spoken to darren (nice guy) about some of the finance options and im gonna look about doing it over my credit card / compared with yourself's and seeing what interest rate comes up best for me. ideally id like buy now pay in 12 months but we shall see how it goes.

BauerCTU said:
ivojo have a decent offer for me but its not totally beneficial. all companies i spoken to above by the way have been excellent :thumbsup:

anybody have an experience with pixmania ?

We bought our Infocus X1 from them back in Dec '04. They asked for proof of ID to verify credit card info, other than that it's smooth, with fast delivery.

The goods they sent was new, as verified when I registered the serial number with Infocus.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom