Buying prescription glasses and lenses online

D

Deleted member 30535

Has anyone had experience of buying glasses online? I have varifocals and also need a prism correction for distance and I am curious as to how easy/difficult it is to buy online if you have your prescription details. The thought of getting the right width of frame, centres for pupils, bridge height etc fills me with a little doubt how successful this process can be.

I have varifocals and also need a prism correction
So does Mrs IG and her prescription was too complicated for online suppliers to deal with. The prism was the issue.

i used glasses direct about a month ago for two pairs, and I've got a small prism of 1.5, as well as cyl of -2.5 in one eye. They phoned me up to double check I hadn't made a mistake and asked if I'd had one before. As soon as I said it was the same on my old glasses, they were fine about it.

I tried around 8 pairs free of charge before choosing the style. The only issue is getting a tight fit - they give instructions but I still found it difficult so had to take them into specsavers who adjusted free of charge.

If you can stack offers you get a good deal. I got two pairs for around £80 with the anti glare lenses. The same at specsavers were £160.

Oh, and delivery was slow, took around 3 weeks in total. One pair came with a slight blemish, so I sent them back and it took about 10 days but they exchanged without question and free postage.

Go for daysoft. Stunning lenses. I moved from 55 a month acuvue to daysoft and saved 41. Also the daysoft are better

Go for daysoft. Stunning lenses. I moved from 55 a month acuvue to daysoft and saved 41. Also the daysoft are better
This thread is about glasses and lenses for the glasses, not contacts :facepalm::laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom