• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Buying prescription glasses and lenses online

D

Deleted member 30535

Has anyone had experience of buying glasses online? I have varifocals and also need a prism correction for distance and I am curious as to how easy/difficult it is to buy online if you have your prescription details. The thought of getting the right width of frame, centres for pupils, bridge height etc fills me with a little doubt how successful this process can be.

jassco

Distinguished Member
i used glasses direct about a month ago for two pairs, and I've got a small prism of 1.5, as well as cyl of -2.5 in one eye. They phoned me up to double check I hadn't made a mistake and asked if I'd had one before. As soon as I said it was the same on my old glasses, they were fine about it.

I tried around 8 pairs free of charge before choosing the style. The only issue is getting a tight fit - they give instructions but I still found it difficult so had to take them into specsavers who adjusted free of charge.

If you can stack offers you get a good deal. I got two pairs for around £80 with the anti glare lenses. The same at specsavers were £160.

Oh, and delivery was slow, took around 3 weeks in total. One pair came with a slight blemish, so I sent them back and it took about 10 days but they exchanged without question and free postage.

mark6226

Go for daysoft. Stunning lenses. I moved from 55 a month acuvue to daysoft and saved 41. Also the daysoft are better

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom