Buying PAYG and using current cut down SIM?

akki007

Just spoke to o2 staff contracts who are telling me that if I buy a PAYG iPhone 4 i have to go to an iPhone 4 tariff?!?! Could I cut down my current iPhone sim and just swith to the iPhone 4??? How would they know?

akki007

Hmm, spoke to o2 staff contracts as a I currently get 30% discount on iPhone tariff on the o2 open offer and they said.... You would have to start a new iPhone 4 tariff, but i think she was wrong as the website says...

If you are going to use your existing Pay Monthly sim in iPhone 4, please ensure you Contact Us to transfer to an iPhone tariff if you are not already on one. Or you can use the Pay & Go Text & Web sim you will be provided with.

So the way I see it is, get a micro sim and stick with my current contract at 30% discount and unlimited data!!!!

akki007

Ok, spoke to someone else at staff contracts. I can indeed buy PAYG and just swap the sim. My contract remains unchanged. So, the way i see it is, if you have a current iPhone tariff, you are better getting a PAYG iPhone 4 and sim switching, otherwise your new contract will be data capped etc etc

ruffage

Distinguished Member
Thats why I think it might be better to trim down your existing SIM and use that in the new device, rather than ask them to move your number over to the micro SIM and at the same time alert them that you're using an iPhone 4.

I think in calling them to move your contract \ number to the new micro SIM is going to open up a huge can of worms.

chukwe

I think the best time to call Customer service with questions regarding iPhone 4 is after the 24th June.

madzo2006

Thats why I think it might be better to trim down your existing SIM and use that in the new device, rather than ask them to move your number over to the micro SIM and at the same time alert them that you're using an iPhone 4.

I think in calling them to move your contract \ number to the new micro SIM is going to open up a huge can of worms.

I dont think O2 would turn down the request after all we're still paying the monthly tariff only difference theres no visual voicemail.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom