Buying Parts and software, whats the best place?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the best and cheapest place to get your software and parts from to build a pc? In the past I'v had some good deals from www.aria.co.uk was gonna order MCE 2005 but found it cheaper at pcnextday.co.uk, anywhere else have better deals?

cheers, will check them out :thumbsup:

www.priceguideuk.com I always use that as a quick check.
I found there is no one best place but amazon is amazingly good and also play.com (which benefits from a tax loophole)
I also use novatech.co.uk as they sometimes have some great specials running.

Novatech are pretty good - local to me, so most of my gear comes from them. I also use them for work (unfortunately don't get discounts for my gear for home). EBuyer were also good when I ordered my D-Link ADSL router from them a week or so ago.

The kit arrived on time and mostly worked - although why can't manfacturers put an up to date firmware on products that they ship? The D-Link firmware was over a year old and it was a little flaky till I upgraded it. The Asus A8N-SLI I'm typing this from worked flawlessly out of the box, but again, had a BIOS dating back to November last year (2004)! And this board was bought in July (2005), yet!

nsherin said:
The Asus A8N-SLI I'm typing this from worked flawlessly out of the box, but again, had a BIOS dating back to November last year (2004)! And this board was bought in July (2005), yet!

Well maybe it was old stock piling up....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom