Buying Panasonic AE900E now £860!

shocked.gif
That is some price drop, whats the catch I wonder. Never used any of them so sorry cant comment but some kind person will attend to your needs in a bit.

That's a cracking price, I seem to remember the AE700 dropping in price just before the AE900 came out , is the next model due?

next one should be announced at CEDIA in September. But will it be a Z5 (i.e. couple of tweaks), or a full on 1080p jobby?

i know a 720p PJ should still look fantastic, but a 1080p one would be tempting. But £860 is a very good price. Might jump soon.

edit: Sound and vision also have buy now, pay May 2007!

I've bought off Sound and Vision before and they were fine - go for it:thumbsup:

Toonaroond said:
I've bought off Sound and Vision before and they were fine - go for it:thumbsup:

do they do a dead pixel check/guarantee? I thought one of the recommended internet stores did

sorry I don't know about the pixel check - I have only bought a CRT from them in the past. Give them a ring - they are a proper shop and not just an online affair....

I've been looking at getting one of these projectors and saw the prices offered by the same 2 websites.

Excellent value I thought, but then I look at the pictures of the unit to check I'm looking at the right thing, and sure enough it looks like a PT AE900, but looking closer reveals that it is a Japanese market TH AE900, a grey market import, so I'm not sure as to its compatabillity with the UK power, UK spec AV equipment etc etc.

Am still seriously looking at buying one of these but need to get clarification on the Japanese products warranty, compatabillity etc etc

Interesting spot! I wonder if that's just the stock picture? The unit is sold as the AE900 and it states there is a scart connection on the back. I think this is a European only option? I'll have to investigate after all it's still a lot of money.

It's probably worth confirming it by contacting the companies directly, but both of the two sites above show the product as PTAE-900E, which is the European model. I had to find the answer to the same question the other day - what the difference between PTAE-900 and PTAE-900E was, and it's down to the suffixed E determining the target market.

OK, I've got a Panny PT-AE900E and bought it for £960 about 2 months ago. The logo on the front is different to the one you are showing i.e. there is nothing under the "Panasonic" logo i.e. Mine has also got a sticker with "PT-AE900E" on, under the "High Definition" logo. Might be nothing, but it might be worth investigating. The Specs are the same though and it looks the same.

Gae

I bought an AE700 from Digital Direct just after the AE900 was released.

It was a UK Model but I had a problem with an intermittent noise (I think from the cooling fan) and they arranged collection and delivery of a new unit within 3 days. No cost to me. Very helpful on the phone.

I'd use them again.

My mate who owns a Z3 is very tempted by that price and is considering upgrading to the Panny 900 at that price. He reckons a 2nd hand Z3 is worth £400 notes hence is outlay to change will only be about £450.

Question is, is the Panny 900 a big enough improvement over the Z3 to make the change worthwhile???

Zag said:
My mate who owns a Z3 is very tempted by that price and is considering upgrading to the Panny 900 at that price. He reckons a 2nd hand Z3 is worth £400 notes hence is outlay to change will only be about £450.

Question is, is the Panny 900 a big enough improvement over the Z3 to make the change worthwhile???

not sure it is TBH. Probably better off waiting until 1080p or C2Fine units come into his budget range to get a bigger jump in performance.

Richard I think you are right. Having seen a Z4 against a well set up Z3 the differences were minimal. I doubt the 900 improves on the Z4 is any dept, perhaps contrast but then it will lose ground on sharpness.

Close to what you can buy the Hitachi PJ-TX200 for now if you shop around and in my opinion the Hitachi is a better PJ than the AE900!...

not up on digital direct anymore. Has this been discontinued by Panasonic UK and they are running stocks down?

edit: Its not on either site now - I was going to buy it today! Are they both the same parent company?

Anywhere else recommended at a good price?

for less than £900.

The two previous £855 offers are gone now - out of stock. Anywhere doing it for less than £900?

Most seem to be around £999 with a free screen. But I already have a dalite screen. Is the greywolf II any good? Might be worth swapping.

wounder i was just about to order one , but carnt find anywhere with interest free credit now :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom