1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying new rears. Any suggestions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Cliff, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Cliff

Cliff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,835
    I need to up grade my rears. My system consists of a 6ft screen in the lounge. The amplification is an EX system. WAF a very important consideration. <br />I am looking at using two rears and two sides. Nothing too big. Anyone had any experience of the bipolar speakers being sold at Richer sounds? They are selling Eltax Paradigm and another MS?. all around £100-£149?

Cliff

2. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i havent no, but try the B&W 601's. they are superb and the best in their price range IMO. actually...try the series 3 models out 2 days ago. they have a much more open feel like the 3 series speakers. this makes them more suitable for surrounds. price: £230 but very worth it.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Cliff,

I use Boston Acoustics VRS Micro which are smallish bipoles and had a good review in What Hifi.

I bought them from HiFi Confidential in London for £150 three years ago and am very happy with them.

They suit me as I have space problems at the rear and they are high mounted to the side.<br /> <br />The Eltax speakers also had a good What Hifi review but are slightly larger.

I don't know how you would match backward / forward facing bipolar rears with centre speakers though which is a problem that I am currently trying unsuccessfully to address

Regards

Ian

4. george1138

george1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can vouch for the Bostons. Great speakers but not sure they still make them. The only slight criticism is that they have little bass. The HF will make your ears bleed! I changed to KEFs, good all rounders pretty hefty though!