Buying New Home Cinema

Skyline

Established Member
Reaction score
My Sony HT-SF2000 has started to malfunction, for example one of the HDMI inputs no longer functions.

I am now looking to buy a new AMP/Reciever and possibly new speakers also.
I would like to have at least 3 HDMI inputs as my Sony HT-SF2000 has 3 and i utilise them all.

I have had a look on sony website but their new models only seem to have 2 HDMI inputs, and I have also looked on ebay but there is not HT-SF there.

So if anyone could recomend which models I could look for that would be appreciated or any other advice.

Thank you.

edit: Limited Budget maybe £300 max.. my speakers are fine maybe i can use these on the new system but i prefer new speakers also.

Last edited:
Been looking around and i see the HTAS5 and the STR-DH520.
HTAS5 is nice but i dont have anything to mount the speakers on...
STR-DH520 looks real nice but no sure if my current speakers are compatible?

Take a look at the Onkyo HTS-3505, HTS-5505, Denon 1312XP, Onkyo HTX-22HDX (plus centre and rear speaker package), Yahama YHT-196. Pioneer also do some packages but I cannot remember the model numbers. Try PeterTyson as they stock a number of packages.

What is the impedance rating of your speakers? Is the subwoofer powered?

Ill look into these models thank you.
but the thing is i really like the bravia sync as i can control all volumes using any remote(Sky or TV or amp)

To answer your questions, I currently have the Sony HT-SF2000 system and I will get those details for you

In theory any HDMI CEC enabled device will work but there are no guarantees that one manufacturer's equipment can control another. To this end, I would forget about using HDMI CEC (Bravia sync, Viera Link, Anynet+ etc.) and use a universal remote. They are far better at achieving what you want.

I think i wanna stick with Sony if possible because Bravia Sync is really nice and it works on my PS3 too, but if there are better options I can look into that too.

Take a look at the Onkyo HTS-3505, HTS-5505, Denon 1312XP, Onkyo HTX-22HDX (plus centre and rear speaker package), Yahama YHT-196. Pioneer also do some packages but I cannot remember the model numbers. Try PeterTyson as they stock a number of packages.

What is the impedance rating of your speakers? Is the subwoofer powered?

those packages well the first 4 all have those little speakers that you need to mount, thats not really what im looking for. . .
Ill check the others later and answer your questions.

those packages well the first 4 all have those little speakers that you need to mount, thats not really what im looking for. . .
Ill check the others later and answer your questions.

If you're looking for 'tallboy' type speakers then you're limited to an all-in-one type affair. They're just small compact speakers on stilts. I'm afraid your budget is the limiting factor. The manfufacturer's websites inc. Sony will have details on all-on-one home cinema systems and AV packages, so I suggest you visit them to identify a system with 3 HDMI inputs. Remember you could always add an HDMI switch to add an additional inputs.

I don't think Sony make the HT-SF models any more.

no they dont make HT-SF anymore but i was looking on ebay, also the only systems they have on sony website include blueray players which i dont need and feel that the added cost of that on my budget would detract from the sound quality.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom