• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

buying meat online

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
thinking about bulk ordering a load of chicken breasts online - any tips on which sites offer the best deals/best quality meat etc?

i saw musclefoods have 5kg of chicken breasts for £25 (200-250g fillets). Seems reasonable. Don't know what their postage is like.

Have decided I want to get back onto the creatine/protein shakes as I haven't used them for about 6 months now properly, and whilst it might be all in my head, i am sure i was training harder with them before.

So, whilst I am ordering some new whey and creatine i thought i would order some meat as well to eat before/after a workout.

Charlts

Prominent Member
I've used muscle foods before and was very happy with the quality - Almost as good as my local butchers. This code will get you 4 free chicken breasts (it's my referral code) Hidden Exclusive Offer

I'd definitely recommend getting on good terms with a local butchers, mine is brilliant and always looks after us. :)

ODP

Distinguished Member
Are there any alternatives to Musclefood? Ordered with them twice now, first load was good quality but have been really disappointed with the second load of chicken. It smells absolutely putrid and it really puts me off eating the stuff and quite a few of the breasts were most certainly not trimmed fully of fat I'd like to see if there are any online chicken retailers that dont pack their chicken full of farts...

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
I've had the same with my local butchers. It's a bit hit n miss. Although I don't mind trimming a bit of skin off.
Last lot I had didn't smell quite right

I was just about to place an order with muscle food as well as it's still cheaper than my butcher :(

Egg White

Distinguished Member
Hmm...I'm still on my first batch of meat from them, but I got a load of chicken from that other link I provided (weston gourmet..?) - while I prefered musclefood's steak, the chicken fillets are fine...

RMGEE

Prominent Member
I use Musclefood quite a bit and always buy their 5kg chicken bagged in pairs, its a bit more expensive but I find them better quality than the standard 5kg.

As for the smell, I had this problem when I used to keep some in the fridge for a few days. I contacted them and they recommended that I put them straight in the freezer and haven't had the problem again. They also said it can be caused by the packaging process.

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
Our my first order into muscle food yesterday. Was a bit disappointed with the time to deliver though. Was about ten days. I'm used to 1-2 on the internet. Just need to plan ahead :)
Used your code as well Charlts, got some horse steaks for free. Hopefully you get something as well

Charlts

Prominent Member
Our my first order into muscle food yesterday. Was a bit disappointed with the time to deliver though. Was about ten days. I'm used to 1-2 on the internet. Just need to plan ahead :)
Used your code as well Charlts, got some horse steaks for free. Hopefully you get something as well

Awesome thanks dude, BBQ at mine then! :D

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
just found 2.5kg chicken breast fillets (think you get 10 fillets at 250g each) on Westin Gourmet for £10 each. have a £10 off code as well, so 7.5kg of chicken with delivery is going to cost £24. thought that was quite good?

Egg White

Distinguished Member
here's one... but you'll have to be quick I suspect...

£127 worth of meat for £47 delivered!

1) Gourmet Daily Essentials | Westin Gourmet

2) then add 8 packs of - Buy Mince Online | Westin Gourmet

3) Then at checkout use code: CRAZYMINCE
4) Select delivery date and Pay (money comes out on dispatch)

You get all of the following + it's butcher quality not supermarket 'rubbish'.

2 x 6-7oz 21 Day Matured Ribeye Steaks
1.2kg Luxury Corn Fed Chicken
2 x 6oz Premium Gammon Steaks
4 x 4oz British Steak Burgers
6 x Meaty Pork Sausages (454g)
4 x 3-4oz British Lamb Chops
Thick Cut Unsmoked Bacon (350g)
6x Giant British Beef Meatballs
FREE 1lb Sliced British Ham
FREE Chicken Drumsticks
FREE Cumberland Sausages

and then:

8 packs of 400g Irish Grass Fed premium mince for £1 (normally £4.95)

and then

Free Chilled Courier Delivery
Further £5 saving if you order 2 packs
Plus These EXTRAS!
Your Choice Of Delivery Date
Hamper prepared on day of dispatch
Not At Home? Tell Us Where To Leave Order
Order now - pay on dispatch

:)

ODP

Distinguished Member
If only I could fit any of that in my freezer! looks a bargain

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom