Buying Manfrotto Gear Secondhand ??

Oldsilverfox

Standard Member
For sometime I have been trying to acquire a Manfrotto MN234RC head.
As folk probably know items from this brand attracts a hefty premium both new and secondhand.

The typical new price for this is £26-£29, so on ebay I have been bidding around £18.5 plus £3.50-£4.50 postage totalling £21/£22 for a secondhand version, but continually being outbid.

This morning, one of those flash adverts from Jessops offered me one for £24online price.. I applied the current 15% online extra discount, pick up the item from the local branch, et voila a NEW one for £20.40.

The moral of the tale, as ever, don't always rely on ebay's prices for the lowest price.

rob12770

Banned
For sometime I have been trying to acquire a Manfrotto MN234RC head.
As folk probably know items from this brand attracts a hefty premium both new and secondhand.

The typical new price for this is £26-£29, so on ebay I have been bidding around £18.5 plus £3.50-£4.50 postage totalling £21/£22 for a secondhand version, but continually being outbid.

This morning, one of those flash adverts from Jessops offered me one for £24online price.. I applied the current 15% online extra discount, pick up the item from the local branch, et voila a NEW one for £20.40.

The moral of the tale, as ever, don't always rely on ebay's prices for the lowest price.

thats a cheap monopod head, not a fluid video head.. just though id mention..dont think its even for video , it looks like a still camera head, not much good for panning..but, if you are happy , then fair enough

by the way i paid about £130 for the manfrotto HDV701 fluid head.. nothing special :boring:..
I dont think manfrotto are all that..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom