Buying Macbook Pro?....

skirpydoink

Hi,

I have been using a very slow Acer Nettop for the past few years and now it's getting unbearably slow, i am also getting a bit fed up of windows and was thinking of making a change to te Macbook pro.

There is a few models out there and they all look the same to me, i am looking for the top end model which is priced at 2K on apple store but want to save a bit of money and buy from else where.

I see the Macbook pro on these two sites for a good bit cheaper, can someone tell me if these are exactly the same as the one on the apple store and if i am missing out on something buying the model at such a discount please.

I know the ebay one has a US keyboard layout but the Amazon one says it's a UK keyboard.

Cheers.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-MJLT2...?ie=UTF8&qid=1445696428&sr=8-1&keywords=MJLT2

New Apple Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.5 GHz i7 16gb 512gb MJLT2 RETINA 2015 Force Touch

PeterH988

Have you considered a refurb? A little more expensive but from Apple, with the exact same warranty as a 'new' model. there's currently one for £1699. I'd prefer to pay the bit extra for the peace of mind ordering from Apple brings.

skirpydoink

Have you considered a refurb? A little more expensive but from Apple, with the exact same warranty as a 'new' model. there's currently one for £1699. I'd prefer to pay the bit extra for the peace of mind ordering from Apple brings.
Hi,

I think i would like to buy a brand new computer, i have just realized how old my av and pc equipment is, everything is about 5 years old, think i have been getting a bit tight lately.

Cheers.

PeterH988

Refurbs are essentially brand new, don't think of them as secondhand. They're usually made up of returns under the 14 day guarantee, or items that had a faulty component. However they have been fixed, serviced and checked by Apple, and have the exact same warranty as a new item. The only difference you'll notice is it comes in a plain white box instead of the usual 'picture' box.

I've had five refurbs without problem.

It's just a good way of saving money, but getting the same Apple service.

skirpydoink

Refurbs are essentially brand new, don't think of them as secondhand. They're usually made up of returns under the 14 day guarantee, or items that had a faulty component. However they have been fixed, serviced and checked by Apple, and have the exact same warranty as a new item. The only difference you'll notice is it comes in a plain white box instead of the usual 'picture' box.

I've had five refurbs without problem.

It's just a good way of saving money, but getting the same Apple service.
Where do you get the refurbs from.....do i need to visit a store or can i view online?

Stuartj1

I have a refurbed Mac mini, Mac book pro and iPad mini. I have had no issues and would recommend them.

tony cosgrove

I've bought three macbook pros (two 15" and one 13") in the classifieds in recent months at huge discount to the apple or John Lewis prices, all of them came with three years applecare, you just need to be patient but all three of them were either brand new or weeks old.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom